#32 pilot and float bowl screw questions...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: #32 pilot and float bowl screw questions...

#32 pilot and float bowl screw questions...

I just purchased a 2007 TW with the newer carb. Does anyone know the correct size of cap head screws to replace the float bowl screws with? I'm going to rejet my TW and want to ditch the JIS screws.

Researching rejetting, I've found some people say the #34 pilot is a bit too rich, but the stock #31 is a bit too lean. Doing a little digging I found that Yamaha has a #32 pilot for a Raptor 90 that uses a smaller 22mm TK carb. Has anyone tried it? I ordered one up as well as a #34. I figure for a few bucks it's worth a shot.

The part number on the #32 is 43D-E4342-16-00.

Thanks!
    Doc
    Tweaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_d View Post
    I just purchased a 2007 TW with the newer carb. Does anyone know the correct size of cap head screws to replace the float bowl screws with? I'm going to rejet my TW and want to ditch the JIS screws. .....
    Doc

These are anodized M4 bolts, You may want to try SS bolts.

The #34 pilot jet is a bit rich, but I prefer running rich.

Have not tried the #32.

Let us know how it works.

jb
    Doc_d, Tweaker, Fred and 1 others like this.
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post

These are anodized M4 bolts, You may want to try SS bolts.

The #34 pilot jet is a bit rich, but I prefer running rich.

Have not tried the #32.

Let us know how it works.

jb
    Thanks jbfla! That exactly what I was looking for!

I'll let you know on the #32. With all the knowledge here I find it hard to believe no one has found this jet. So I'm guessing it might be called a #32 but because it's for the smaller 22mm TK carb it's either not the right jet for our carbs or isn't really sized between our #31 and #34. But like I said for a few bucks it's worth a look.

Doc
    jbfla likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

DKV
    Impex Japan
    Jet, Pilot (# 32)
    .ジエツト,パイロツト ; # 32
    5LB-14342-16-00 1 — JP¥2,299
    US$20.88
    Shipping cost
    JP¥2,000 (US$18.17)
    This is the only place I've found it, let us know if 43D-E4342-16-00 fits.

Quote Originally Posted by DKV View Post
    Impex Japan
    Jet, Pilot (# 32)
    .ジエツト,パイロツト ; # 32
    5LB-14342-16-00 1 — JP¥2,299
    US$20.88
    Shipping cost
    JP¥2,000 (US$18.17)
    This is the only place I've found it, let us know if 43D-E4342-16-00 fits.
    I'll update this thread when it comes in. Supposedly the #32 pilot was in stock but I also ordered the Australian / South African needle and they are saying 2-3 days to ship that. So that will probably delay the entire shipment and hopefully they are being honest about 2-3 days.

Doc

My TW came to me with a 32.5 jet, which to me is perfect. It starts no-choke and idles almost immediately if ambient temp is above 70 or so, and runs cleanly at low rpm chugging through the woods. There's no manufacturer stamp and 32.5 isn't a TK size, so I'm guessing it must be a generic or came in one of the jet kits. Keihin's often use the ".5" sizes, and Keihin/TK jets use the same sizing scale (mikuni and dynojet do not).

My last TW I also had perfectly good results with the stock pilot and just giving it another turn or so on the fuel screw, it also started easily with no choke in the summer and ran crisply at low speed. I haven't tried a 34, but I suspect you could get good results with it as well just by closing in the fuel screw a bit more.

The jets show up and that #32 looks just like the #34. So it's physically the same jet. I don't have a pin gauge set to try to determine the difference in size but I have no reason to believe this #32 wouldn't be between our stock #31 and the #34 most people go with that is a bit too rich.

I'm going to pull the carb tonight, throw in the #32 pilot, #130 main, shim the needle, replace the float bowl screws and pull off the fuel screw plug. I'll post my results with the #32 as soon as I can get it done and ride it.

Doc

I pulled the stock #31 jet and holding it up to the light next to the #32 and #34 I can tell the #32 is bigger then the #31 and smaller than the #34. So it appears to be the right jet. I put it in along with the #130 main and 0.040" of shims under the needle. The bike runs really well. I initially set the fuel screw to 2.5 turns out but settled on 2 turns out for the best off-idle throttle response when warmed up.

Starting the bike with a cold motor with an ambient temp of 80 requires half choke. Full choke would start but you could tell that was too much because it would stumble a little bit.. I personally think that's perfect. People were saying the bike starts on a cold motor with no choke with a #34 and that's too rich.

I'll probably summarize this in it's own post to let everyone know a #32 pilot is available so they don't have to search for / dig through this thread to find it.

Doc
    DKV, RaZed1 and Sathump like this.

While the 34 is diffinetly richer than stoich, I get the highest idle speed with it at about 1.5-2 turns out. Being slightly rich also helps keep the head temp down.
    Tweaker likes this.

Doc d what altitude are you are at? Did you know you can rotate the carb after unhooking the throttle to change jets and shim the needle with out removing the carb? Thanks for finding that pilot jet. One more tool in the quiver.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links