Hodaka fuel tank
Close

I had a new 1971 Hodaka back in my younger days and have always liked the look of the fuel tank. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a Hodaka tank on our beloved teedub. Just wondering.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

2005 Triumph Bonneville T100

Which model did you have? I had a mid 1970's Combat Wombat 125 with the chrome tank, my buddy had a Road Toad 100 that was green. I live in Oregon, so Hodaka's were pretty common here...

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    Which model did you have? I had a mid 1970's Combat Wombat 125 with the chrome tank, my buddy had a Road Toad 100 that was green. I live in Oregon, so Hodaka's were pretty common here...
    I had the Ace 100. My brother sold it when I went into the army.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here's an ACE 100 B that I had a few years ago. I had always wanted one and happened upon this one locally at a great price. Unfortunately, it did not become part of my permanent collection. The tank looked pretty good from about 5' away, but had a lot of rust inside and had been poorly Kreemed inside. Tanks that are solid and look good are hard to find. Pretty neat little bikes. This one still had the original tire pump tucked up under the tank.

After seeing those pictures, it makes me want to get another one. I had forgotten about the tire pump under the seat. I still have the little tool holder that was on the frame and I am going to attach it to my teedub somehow. Thanks for the pictures! I hope that Hodakaguy sees this thread.

PS: I think that it weighed 155 lbs. without fuel!
    Rusty

2005 TW200

It is hard to imagine that anyone 'of that time' did not lust after a Hodaka... The first one I saw was the Ace 90 in a dealers showroom a few blocks from the house. I was coming of the age (15) and Dad was giving some thought to two wheels. Thought was, the Hodaka looked a bit 'to racy'. I ended up with the very conservative Honda push-rod 90. Looked like the original '50's' but a bit bigger. I was a happy kid, and rode it all over. One road and off. Gerry
    Take care my Friend.........

Quote Originally Posted by mrgizmow View Post
    It is hard to imagine that anyone 'of that time' did not lust after a Hodaka... The first one I saw was the Ace 90 in a dealers showroom a few blocks from the house. I was coming of the age (15) and Dad was giving some thought to two wheels. Thought was, the Hodaka looked a bit 'to racy'. I ended up with the very conservative Honda push-rod 90. Looked like the original '50's' but a bit bigger. I was a happy kid, and rode it all over. One road and off. Gerry
    Gerry,

I have seen a picture of you on a BMW somewhere. I have a similar picture of me on a Kawasaki around that same time period. That was a great time to be a teenager with all of the neat cars and bikes of that era!! I had, in addition to the Hodaka, a BSA, Yamaha 175 2 stroke, Jawa 2 stroke, Pontiac Firebird, Mustang Mach 1 and a Chevelle. (not all at the same time) I still enjoy vehicles and now have an MG Midget and a 2009 Mustang GT that looks alot like the 1970 Mach 1 that I had while dating my bride of almost 40 years.
    Rusty

2005 TW200

Sponosred Links