High fender question..,
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: High fender question..,

High fender question..,

I have a cycleracks front rack. Does anyone know if the high fender modification works without bumping into the front rack? I'm sure I could modify things to make it work, but just curious...

the fender doesn't move with the wheel when it is mounted high, so if it fits under the rack, your good32.jpg
    Last edited by grewen; 12-05-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    the fender doesn't move with the wheel when it is mounted high, so if it fits under the rack, your good
    Thanks grewen! My concern was if the rack would impead mounting of the fender, e.g.: can the fender be positioned under the rack or will bracket position cause fender to hit rack and not be able to be installed. I guess I will just order a kit and modify if necessary!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

This has come up before, in which case a heat gun was recommended if there was interference. Never seen one mounted up though. I'm interested in trying it myself but haven't got the front rack yet.

i thought you might be able to tell by looking at my picture. i'm not familiar with how the rack mounts on the front
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I couldn't get it to work so i put a manracks front rack on
    2007 TW

I got mine to work with a cycleracks front rack, had to shim the bottom rack mounts with about 1/2 inch worth of washers and used a longer bolt. I then mounted a full size poly sport UFX fender. It turned out great. Fender barely touches the rack.
    “don’t hunt what you can’t kill”

Quote Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
    This has come up before, in which case a heat gun was recommended if there was interference. Never seen one mounted up though. I'm interested in trying it myself but haven't got the front rack yet.
    Mounted my high mount front fender from procycle this evening. I had to shim a smidge, the front which lowered the fender enough to clear the cycle racks front rack. I cut some gas line to create a shim. I think it worked out nicely!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by EatElk View Post
    Mounted my high mount front fender from procycle this evening. I had to shim a smidge, the front which lowered the fender enough to clear the cycle racks front rack. I cut some gas line to create a shim. I think it worked out nicely!
    I realize this is an older post, but I'm curious... I just picked up a TW this past weekend and of course I'm now in the process of modding it to suit my own taste. A high mount front fender is one of those things I'm considering.... I've been looking at mine and trying to come up with a way to fabricate a way of mounting the stock fender under the lower triple clamp. Then, I looked at the Procycle mount kit, but they offer supermoto fenders as an add-on with the bracket. I'm not crazy about those. But, it appears that you've used the Procycle bracket to mount a stock fender under the lower triple clamp. I can't find good detailed photos of the Procycle bracket to see how it mounts a fender. Is it possible to easily mount the stock fender using their bracket?

I'm not sure how I'll get along with the high fender, so I don't want to modify my stocker irreversibly. But, if it's possible to mount the stock fender using their bracket, and then go back to stock if wanted, that may be what I'm looking for...

Thanks for any info and/or advise...
    Fred likes this.

I have exactly what you're talking about, stock fender on the Procycle bracket. I bought the bike like this but I'd imagine you have to drill some holes through the fender to mount it, but only on the top of the fender where it's normally hidden under the stock bracket anyway. The Procycle bracket wouldn't be terribly hard to fabricate yourself, really. I've got the stock bracket and may try going back to it with the stock fender back in its low position. It acts as a fork brace. I'd like to at least see if it feels more stable in stock form there. If so I'll just put some spacers on the stock one like others have for some extra clearance.

However I've had this particular TW for a year or two now and it's not been terrible as it is with the stock bracket removed. It's pretty much all been on pavement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links