Customizing my feet
Close

I know this is a "Riding" forum. But I was pretty thrilled to find this pair of short boots.

Craigslist $40. They fit great and I am very excited to put them to use. Any opinions to share out there about your boots.

My old boots (from a friend) crush my right ankle when I ride. My neighbor told me it often happens when your boots get wet and get some funky bends.

I am so glad to have these new (for me) to ride the TDub.

Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

I like them. Way better than sneakers or flip flops! I need to get some shorties like that for when I cruise around town. Good Craigslist find as those boots are not cheap.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

Inspect the buckle. I use to use them when I raced motocross and supermotard. The buckles sometimes pop loose or break. Alpine Stars have betterones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I have several pair of Danner Acadia, they are a lace up duty boot. plain leather with cordura and a Goretex liner. but I've also been checkin out lighty used dirt bike boots on CL
    2005 Tdub

If you want boots (good boots, but not necessarily blessed by a MC name), hit the scratch and dent sale held 4 x per year at REI. 1. They sell good stuff; 2. They take it back at anytime when anyone complains (legitimate or not) and 3. that stuff gets marked down super much and placed out for sale in the scratch and dent sale (I think they call it members only sale, but its posted under activities). So how deep are the discounts? $175 Lowas for $25. $125 Vasques for less than that. You get the point. I wear everything from extremely tall Danners to more normal Lowas depending on what I'm doing and how much walking I'm planning on doing. You can't have too many boots! JMHO. Tom
    Tom - TW200 2002, Kawasaki VN 500 2006

Hidden Content

Central New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by peruano View Post
    If you want boots (good boots, but not necessarily blessed by a MC name), hit the scratch and dent sale held 4 x per year at REI. 1. They sell good stuff; 2. They take it back at anytime when anyone complains (legitimate or not) and 3. that stuff gets marked down super much and placed out for sale in the scratch and dent sale (I think they call it members only sale, but its posted under activities). So how deep are the discounts? $175 Lowas for $25. $125 Vasques for less than that. You get the point. I wear everything from extremely tall Danners to more normal Lowas depending on what I'm doing and how much walking I'm planning on doing. You can't have too many boots! JMHO. Tom

hey, what kind of soft bags are those???
    2005 Tdub

I use the smaller half boots too..i love them!
    2008 TW200 with a super cool exhaust

Brock, I've got a pair of Thor boots exactly like those but not as well broke in yet. If they fit good, you will like them. I like mine a lot for all around riding. I'm still saving for some Gaerne's tho

Sponosred Links