Th Turtle Wagon - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Th Turtle Wagon

What carburetor and intake are you going to run .

ronnydog
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing this motor project when done! Awaitin' video......

Won't be the Turtle wagon when done....maybe "Wabbit Wagon" lol....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes to all, I am practically foaming at the mouth to get this done for the Mojave ride, today I got a handle bar pad and some decals for it. The tank decals read FTW for faster turtle wagon and got 304 numbers for the side panels.

As far as carburation I will attempt to use the stock carb, only with a much larger main jet ,and maybe 2 needle shims to start, it will take some tuning for sure, the case berings are all ordered and on the way , however, the clutch rebuild kit I got from Outlaw racing came yesterday and the disks are too large diameter and same with the springs. I have a ttr230 clutch that's going in the bike so I ordered for that clutch, sending that back. Was the mistake on their part? Or do I need to order a certain year ttr230, cant afford the time to get wrong parts ,
    Lastly just hoping that the output shaft, crank head and jug all get back to me before the week is over or early next week to begin assembly

I used the stock carburetor with my 225 build but it did not work with my 250 build. The motor didn’t have any top end. I couldn’t go 50 mph with a 47 tooth sprocket. There’s not enough room between the motor and the frame to run a large carburetor that will have the airflow that you need. Do you have any carburetor options?

ronnydog

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWagon View Post
    Im using the stock tw jug, but resleeved, it will be bored out to accept the bigger sleeve, Alan at CT racing has been super helpful with this, he suggested going to 76mm with the sleeve, and i agreed so custom piston is being made up, with 76mm bore, 16mm wristpin,that gives 10.5 to 1 compression.
    Right now where im at with it, is im waiting for the output shaft back from the machine shop, the crank was rebuult by CT Racing and is on its way back to me, they are porting, polishing,installing the 389 webcams shaft and race springs,with new rockers ,guides, etc, ,they also currently have the jug and will bore and resleeve it for the custom piston. Got my clarke xt225 4.1 gal tank but it needs to be mounted ,going to weld the tabs that come with it to the frame for proper side plastics fit, also changing out the led blinkers for a dual color set that are white/amber up front and amber/red in the back, ordering the last 4 xase berings today or tomorrow, then the engine gasket kit, extra circlip i will need for the tranny and its just a matter of waiting until the neq cylinder comes back to bore the case, which will be done with precision on a bridgeport style machine.
    Im stoked up about the 76mm bore size because with the stroker crank it will displace a hair under 304cc's, wow! The t dub 300 that Yamaha shouldve built haha,
    Also scrambling to get this done before the TW ride in the desert on the 23rd and before my 50th birthday on the 26th , its crunch time

I believe your cc calculation is 281.26 ccs with a 76mm piston and a 62mm crank. .?

Ronnydog
    TW-Brian and jtomelliott49 like this.

Ronnydog, thank you for that info, if the stock carb will not flow enough, even doing vacuum slide mods, jetting and shimming, then that will be an issue for sure,I think Mikuni makes a carb that will fit ,if not then im not sure, but yes i think your right at 281cc ,just got the stroke wrong, haha

Ordered the 280 stickers today, and from what i have read, the stock tk carb is capable of flowing 100cfm, so with the proper tuning should feed the 280 just fine, but as Ronny said he had power drop off at high rpms, but for now the plan is to rebuild and rejet the stock tk carb and see how it goes

TTW280... Tee-Tee-Dubya Too-Eightee has a nice ring to it, but do you think those 1.26cc's are going to get jealous?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I got FTW decals for the tank ,Faster Turtle Wagon and i thought about getting 282 stickers but thought the 280 looked better, so for a quick update, the head will be back in this week, crossing my fingers for the jug and piston too, we will see,
    In the meantime i worked on my side project for the new tank, i got metal 3d skull and crossbones for each side of the tank, i then got 2 sets of 5mm red led that come with a mini controller and 9v battery connectors, tonight i snipped off the 9v battery connectors and ran leads to 2 12v to 9v step down transformer /regulators so i could run the 9v leds off the bikes battery, next is to grind a slot in the back of the skulls and affix the red leds into the eye sockets before i mount them to the sides of the tank, wire em to the battery and mount the controllers into the foam of my handlebar pad,
    I also have some of those led strips made to go on your hemet ,they are a 3volt reference to i ordered step down transformers to see if i can wire those to the battery directly as well, might have to call it the Tron Wagon when im done hahaha

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links