Th Turtle Wagon - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Th Turtle Wagon

You increased both valve sizes? This is a great thread.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWagon View Post
    Ronnydog, thank you for that info, if the stock carb will not flow enough, even doing vacuum slide mods, jetting and shimming, then that will be an issue for sure,I think Mikuni makes a carb that will fit ,if not then im not sure, but yes i think your right at 281cc ,just got the stroke wrong, haha
    I ran a 2012 raptor quad carburetor on my TW 250 and is working well. I was able to build a carburetor boot to use the stock airbox.
    Do you know how much material you’ll need to mill out of the head to reduce your compression because of the amount of stroke?

ronnydog

Well i didnt make it to the memorial ride but i did buy an oil cooler, haha
    I wasnt able to elarge both ports and since i already had the oversized exhaust valve, just 1mm oversize on the exhaust side
    Ronnydog, the piston is being custom made to achieve 10.5 to 1 compression with the mods that have been already done to the head and seeing how CT Racing has both the head and cylinder i can only assume the delay is from waiting for the piston, but it should deliver 10.5 to 1 comp when assembled
    In the meantime i just finished the dress up of the clarke xt225 4.1 gal tank, the red stripes are leds and the eyes of the skulls have red leds in them too, should look good installed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sthrnromr, GCRAD1 and tylermoney like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

DKV
    With a 76mm bore which head gasket fits ?

Good question, the base and head gaskets might not be an off the shelf part number, and thats the last things i still have to get is a gasket and seal kit for the reassembly, Alan over at CT said my head was all done and will be back to me this week, the jug is bored and sleeved , but the other customer that was buying 2 of the custom pistons has backed out, leaving me buying all 4 or just not having a piston, so i guess i will have 3 spares lol
    So i been working on the wiring and graphics, also going to change out the turn signals, do a new tailight mount,and install the voyager pro gps, also making a new rear mount for the gas tank as the one supplied will not work
    Sthrnromr and GCRAD1 like this.

I've heard good things about CT racing from quad racing guys
    87 TW

Yes Alan at CT is very knowledgeable and mostly deals with raptor 250 quad motors, he has actually invited me down there to dyno this build once its done, im looking forward to the visit .
    Meanwhile the voyager pro mounting is 80% done with only the buddy tracker antenna and wheel sensor to be mounted with the magnetic bolt. Got a shorai 210amp lithium battery with charge/controller and will mount the controller under the left side cover so i dont have to remove the seat. Contactong Cometco on Monday about making a custom head gasket for this build.Also counting the days until the head jug and piston kits arrive, but getting excited about the finished product, hopefully i can make the Pinenuts ride in Nevada and head to Moab from there at months end ,

This is great, I can't wait to see how this turns out
    2007 Yamaha XT225
    2003 Yamaha Banshee 350
    2003 Polaris Sportsman 500
    1985 Honda 350X
    1969 Honda CT90

Just been tinkering, got a radracing tk carb to have a spare, rebuild and jet kit for the stock carb, all seals and gaskets etc., finished the wiring, everything should be in hand a week from this coming Tuesday and while i wait i can finish the tank mounting bracket and new mounts for the side panels
    tylermoney likes this.

Ran into an issue i didnt foresee, the stock head gasket may not work, i am going to try to contact gasket makers to see what my options are ,alsp looking to see if yamaha ever used this head on a 76mm bore so i can just order one ,im thinking with 11 to 1 cr i xant have a hokey head gasket. Also still have to fab up a spacer for the tranny, but im happy to be down to just a few details and maybe a week and a half until rebuilding begins in earnest by boring the case to accept the new cylinder

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links