Th Turtle Wagon - Page 7
Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Th Turtle Wagon

I can’t wait to see what the final results on this build are....
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

So latest update on progress is that the 6 speed doesnt want to shift properly ,hangs up etc, the drum may not be indexed correctly , i think theres 5 dowels that have to be in the correct placement, i hope i will find the correct way to put this together or the cases will have to xome back apart, has anyone else had this issue with a ttr230 6 speed transplant?
    Otherwise the rear gas tank mount is done and the new front mounts for the side covers have to be tacked onto the frame.
    I bought an 08 xt250 for my son to ride, but i havent left him near it and put 1000miles on it the past 2 weeks, went up to Verdi peak lookout tower from Foresthill last Sunday ,200miles just that ride.As soon as i get the Turtle back ,he can have the xt back lol.
    Im traveling to the East coast Friday and will be away until the 20th. The owner of Foresthill Racing, John promised me he would get the shifter drum placement issue sorted and complete the assembly in my absence.I am riding the annual lost coast ride Aug 24 and 25th out of Liw gap park in Ukiah, i hope that will be the Turtles maiden voyage and i hope other t dubbers do that ride as well.Check back in when i get back to the left coast....
    CJ7Pilot and Sthrnromr like this.

Any update on the potential of a Turtle maiden voyage on the 24th / 25th?
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yes i just got back from vacation to find the transmission problem as i left it, the thing just doesnt want to shift , its a ttr230 6 speed trans mounted to a modified tw output shaft, and it just hangs up and wont go into any gear? What could i have done wrong? Right now this issue has got the build at a standstill.

Well ,you cannot use the stock shift drum from the tw, i called local yamaha dealers but ttr230 shift drum assy are on back order until middle of October, so found one on ebay for 30 bucks delivered and its on the way to me lol
    CJ7Pilot and Sthrnromr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleWagon View Post
    Well ,you cannot use the stock shift drum from the tw, i called local yamaha dealers but ttr230 shift drum assy are on back order until middle of October, so found one on ebay for 30 bucks delivered and its on the way to me lol
    Excellent, keep us posted!
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

=)

Ttr230 shift drum arrived and im off to the shop with it in the morning, i believe the rest of the assembly will go pretty smoothly
    Sthrnromr likes this.

Slow well deserved golf clap may be coming soon
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

=)

Ahh, nope no applause, the custom pistons i got through CT racing are cut with a 15mm wristpin hole ,they were supposed to be 16mm , i can only assume someone at CT miscommunicated the order so i called and spoke with Alan the owner hes calling Jand E pistons and we will speak again tomorrow, but for now i have a 1000 dollar pile of steel junk, and i already sold a piston and ring set which i guess i have to get back now, this progect has been difficult from the start and just now that i thought the end was in sight everything is shit because somebody misstook 15 for 16mm , someday it will be magnificant but i dont see how this is gonna get resolved anytime soon, so whatever....
    Darth likes this.

Ouch. I’m sorry. I hate to sound trivial but can you not just get the wrist pin hole bored 1mm?
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

=)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponosred Links