Th Turtle Wagon
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Th Turtle Wagon

Th Turtle Wagon

Okay so i think i have most of the parts for my 250/6 speed conversion, i got a ttr230 tranny, crank, and clutch, plus ordered my new cam form webcams and nethew valves and rockers,springs etc,so really im just looking for a place that will machine my tw output shaft and a piston w 16mm wrist pin and 74mm bore to get this put back together, anyone know of a piston or place to grind the groove in output shaft? Also womdering if i shouldget the head ported for a bigger carb, but the other stuff is more important. Any and all input is greatly appreciated
    jtomelliott49 and GCRAD1 like this.

Hey Turtle,

Why not just use the TTR output shaft and one of PlacerLode's shaft extensions?

Brian

I was hoping to retain the lubricated outboard bering on the tw, i am going to try some local machine shops
    jtomelliott49 and GCRAD1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Okay so the new crankshaft and 6 disk clutch from a 2012 ttr230 came in, new disks steels and hd springs orderded, new stainless valves w the 1mm oversize exhaust and moose cam chain, new xt250 piston rings pin circlips, w the 389 webcam cam and their racing spring set w titanium retainers, so next is to send the cam out to webcams, the head out to ct racing and the jug w new piston to la sleeve, and having worked as a cutter grinder machinist back in my younger days ,i put a call in to my friend and former employer Rodger at InTenths Grinding back east in Massachusettes and he said grinding the tw output shaft to match the groove should be no problem, sending him pictures before he gives me the final okay, but theres ,hope!
    Mel, jtomelliott49 and GCRAD1 like this.

Okay im way too into this project, but just ordered an xt225 stainless pipe off ebay and the Clarke 4.1 gal xt225 gas tank, this should extend the range of the bigger engine , with a 74mm bore and the 62mm stroke of the ttr230 crank i should be at 267cc i think
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Just an update on the Wagon, In Tenths Grinding in Massachusettes has my output shafts and will be grinding the circlip groove in the tw one, CT racing has my crank shaft out of a ttr230 for rebuild. And they will recieve my head,valves q 1mm oversized exhaust, rockers etc, and webcams is using my original cam for the new 389 grind then sending it to CT for assembly, CT will do the 5angle valve job expand the exhaust port, new guides, with honeycomb race springs and titanium keepers, Moose racing hd timing chain and Monster coils hot coil both came in along with the ebay ttr225 head pipe and clarke xt225 4.1 gal gas tank, still waiting for my new piston and rings to get here so i can send them w the jug to be bored and resleeved, and bore out the case for the new jug to fit, but overall it coming together quickly, next update hopefully will be about reassembly lol

Glad to hear you weren't forgetting to open the case mouth for what I assume is an XT or TTR cylinder. People have done this relatively low precision work with hand tools, a few without even splitting the cases.
    Your bike should be just about as good as imaginable once done.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Im using the stock tw jug, but resleeved, it will be bored out to accept the bigger sleeve, Alan at CT racing has been super helpful with this, he suggested going to 76mm with the sleeve, and i agreed so custom piston is being made up, with 76mm bore, 16mm wristpin,that gives 10.5 to 1 compression.
    Right now where im at with it, is im waiting for the output shaft back from the machine shop, the crank was rebuult by CT Racing and is on its way back to me, they are porting, polishing,installing the 389 webcams shaft and race springs,with new rockers ,guides, etc, ,they also currently have the jug and will bore and resleeve it for the custom piston. Got my clarke xt225 4.1 gal tank but it needs to be mounted ,going to weld the tabs that come with it to the frame for proper side plastics fit, also changing out the led blinkers for a dual color set that are white/amber up front and amber/red in the back, ordering the last 4 xase berings today or tomorrow, then the engine gasket kit, extra circlip i will need for the tranny and its just a matter of waiting until the neq cylinder comes back to bore the case, which will be done with precision on a bridgeport style machine.
    Im stoked up about the 76mm bore size because with the stroker crank it will displace a hair under 304cc's, wow! The t dub 300 that Yamaha shouldve built haha,
    Also scrambling to get this done before the TW ride in the desert on the 23rd and before my 50th birthday on the 26th , its crunch time
    CJ7Pilot, Miaugi, grewen and 5 others like this.

I wanna see this beast at the memorial ride! So keep at it!
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    2001 TW

The drool from my mouth is running down my tee shirt. I'm sure lots of us are reading with great anticipation. Great work.
    Dryden-Tdub and Peterb like this.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links