Seat cover question
Close

I want to change the seat color on wife's '95 and found these covers on ebay. Has anyone had any experience with this seller? They offer choice of many different colors or two tone.

.....Or does anyone have a better source?

One idea is to go down to the local upholstery shop. They can usually knock it out quickly and can add some more foam to fit you better. Semi custom seat if you will.
    Hidden Content

2005 TW200 (SOLD)
    2013 DR650

i used this guy. good quality, good fit, good price. as long as you don't miss the "yamaha" stencil, you can save $15.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-TW-20...1c18e5&vxp=mtr

it's what i have on my bike now.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    i used this guy. good quality, good fit, good price. as long as you don't miss the "yamaha" stencil, you can save $15.

it's what i have on my bike now.
    Thanks for the tip. I put it on my watch list for now. Didn't want the stencil anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    I want to change the seat color on wife's '95 and found these covers on ebay. Has anyone had any experience with this seller? They offer choice of many different colors or two tone.

.....Or does anyone have a better source?

Good Morning,

What exactly are you wanting to change to? If it would work for you I have a nice cover off of an 06 (black with blue accent) I would trade you for . . . . . ?

Bag
    "The TW may be slow, but the Earth is patient" - MK

"If I'm wrong, and it turns out that you hate it, I'll send you all my Barry Manilow albums." LB

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Good Morning,

What exactly are you wanting to change to? If it would work for you I have a nice cover off of an 06 (black with blue accent) I would trade you for . . . . . ?

Bag
    Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm not sure what colors I'm looking for. I just sent for black plastics and I want to put them on to see what possibilities come to mind.

I assume the prise is just for the cover............. They must be put on??????????????????? I've recovered sleds and bikes before....Looks great when done correctly. OMM.

Quote Originally Posted by omm View Post
    I assume the prise is just for the cover............. They must be put on??????????????????? I've recovered sleds and bikes before....Looks great when done correctly. OMM.

Yes, the base price is just for the cover. However, if you pay more, the e-bay guy in Tirebiter's original post will also do the whole thing.

Somewhere on our forum there is a discussion on how to put a new cover on. All you need is a pneumatic staple gun (Harbor Freight has one that will work) some staples and some spray adhesive.

So I hit on a nifty solution to seat rips and comfort. On my "ranch" TW the seat had no cover just foam. The day I got it running I was also scrapping out

a Mercedes that had them plush real sheep skin seat covers. A little surgery, contact cement and staples and bingo! Very comfy seat. You can ride buck nekkid without having "nut scuff" issues to boot. Does look a bit "flintstone" but you can't see it when your riding. Side bene being you can park out in the hot sun, hop on the seat and not burn your behind. I reckon you can get a cover at a salvage yard for near nothing.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Sponosred Links