The Road Rider Returns
Close

Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By dogonit
  • 1 Post By SimpleScout

Thread: The Road Rider Returns

The Road Rider Returns

Hi guys: It's been a long time but i thought I'd get back to the forum for a moment to let those few outliers like myself that use this wonderful off road bike as a true road runner. What you need to do if that is your crazy unreasonable desire is first to re-jet the carbs. Then to get a 15T front sproket and then work around the other things. I personally think that Hi-rise bars are way better for your back and a good seat replacement is in order. You need a more road type tire, I have run the 203/204's which are fine though I am now running the Shinkos. Run the tires at higher pressure 25 back and 22 front if you are planning on running above 55 or 60 for any regular times. I run Mobil one oil and different air filters from stock. I have also added things which i feel are advantageous to the ride. I have welded longer not wider foot extensions for comfort and also additional extensions to the foot brake. I have changed the shift lever just because I liked it better and I have a DG muffler, while loud(wear ear plugs), I do believe does give some extra aspiration to the whole deal. That I am sure will get more than a bit of comment. Whatever blows her shirt up. I can and do regularly run at or about 60(65+) on my odometer for relatively long periods on occasion. Most of my running is back country paved roads that I usually run around 45-60 on the odometer. Use regular non-ethanol gas if at all possible. I have some extra brackets that i use for carrying things. The cycle rack that i had was more than I needed and replaced that long ago. Well enjoy and it is true that a few weird individuals actually use this bike as a roadster. Join the party.DSCN1096.JPGDSCN1010.JPG
    Last edited by dogonit; 03-04-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    Just give me a minute while I collect my thoughts. They're around here somewhere. Maybe!

2013 TW200(Protaper SE ATV High handlebars, DID 428VX-X ring chain, Shinko Tires, K&N Air Filter, Seat Concepts "Grip" seat covering, Outlaw Racing Folding
    Gear shifter, My custom( long/thin) foot pegs, My custom(extended) Rear brake lever, Battery tender harness, Gel Battery, "Bikini" Bike rack, Mobil 1 4T synthetic, BLUE Ricochet Skid Plate , DG Exhaust & 15 Front Sproket.

Thanks for sharing! Sharp looking setup
    jtomelliott49 likes this.

Sponosred Links