TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Air Forks

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Maxpower 
#1 ·
Screw Fastener Nut Auto part Household hardware

I got air valves to drill and tap into the fork caps. A few lbs. of air (1-5) should be plenty to assist the painfully soft front end.
Back in the day air forks were a cool thing to add to your mx bike.
In time I'll have to play with the oil level and pressure to get things the forks as well as things can be

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
View attachment 191474 .

I got air valves to drill and tap into the fork caps. A few lbs. of air (1-5) should be plenty to assist the painfully soft front end.
Back in the day air forks were a cool thing to add to your mx bike.
In time I'll have to play with the oil level and pressure to get things the forks as well as things can be
My setup might not be optimal but for the last ten years I've run 15W oil at 10lbs per leg. I my goal was to eliminate fork dive on hard street braking.

I use a mountain bike front shock pump to fill mine.

Auto part Tool Suspension

#9 ·
I replaced my upper fork tubes with '85/86 YZ80 uppers, they came with air valves in caps. If you can find caps on that bay thing it save some drilling and tapping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.