TW Upgrades
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TW Upgrades

Well, after a few updates and lacking any mechanical skills, I was able to change the handlebars, add a silencer foot pegs and also add a blaster shock. All I needed was to change over to the hybrid forks. I bought some YZ 80 forks for $20 and FINALLY with the help of Lzard Breath was able to do the upgrade (along with the oil cooler).

Here you go:

After adding the Blaster shock and power core pipe.

Now 18 months later my TDub finally sits level and runs cooler:

Before and after the Pelican case was put on the Cyclerack

A a pic of Sir Fix A Lot and myself. Russ and Brock

Thanks to Russ for his insight and help.

I promise myself that the last thing I am going to do is add a skid plate...at least for a couple years.

With that, I have a super clean pair of stock TW fork tubes for sale if someone is interested.

Here is the bike with the Peican case on the cycle rack (Vs. the rear fender)

[URL=http://s606.photobucket.com/user/joedirt1970/media/IMG_6459_zps934c5a25.jpg.html]
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Whoo! Nice setup! What's the advantage of the YZ80 forks over the stockers?

Really digging the disc/caliper guard as well! But I'd imagine with the woods trails around here, it'd end up being a brush catcher.

I'd love to see about taking you up on those stock forks, if you lived a little closer to STL. I don't recall seeing many gravel yards in the Southern MO and IL. I'm trying to find a cheaper way to convert my 2000 T-Dub to a disc brake setup, short of buying a whole new bike. So far, no luck.

Still....great job there!

Bike looks awesome Brock!

(I didn't know Lizrdbrth made housecalls)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Did you use the entire YZ80 forks? Same OD on the upper tubes? Did the stcok TW caliper fit the YZ80 lowers? Did you have to get a longer front brake line? More details please. Looks great!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Bike looks awesome Brock!

(I didn't know Lizrdbrth made housecalls)

Thanks Brian.

I only strive to make mine as cool as yours. You set the benchmark for cool, clean seamless improvements.

Mr. Lizard just happened to have a family event less than 10 miles from my house and got a hall pass for a couple hours.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Does anyone know how to simply delete a post?

Thanks Brian.

I only strive to make mine as cool as yours. You set the benchmark for cool, clean seamless improvements.

Mr. Lizard just happened to have a family event less than 10 miles from my house and got a hall pass for a couple hours.

Thank you very much Jeadra

Thank you. I bought the old school disc brake cover (simply for looks because I am a motocross vanity snob)on ebay. But there Lzard breath has one a little ruffed up (Color is white) that he might sell.

Mr. Bracket

As far as the YZ forks...they are off a '93 YZ. The advantage is that the fork tubes are 2" longer. I already put a blaster shock on it so the YZ fork tubes don't increase the travel, but they increase the overall ground clearance to the bike sits level. I am a tall guy (6'3) so this works a little better for me. Plus, like I said I am in it to make it resemble a race bike vs. TW just because I am goofy like that. I still ride slow and don't jump anymore. Some of the guys have also added progressive springs. I am only 6'3 and 190 so the progressive springs are a major deisre for me.

In terms of the front brake, some in the forum have used ttr bikes, rs and even Yamaha three wheeler front ends. The key being sure that forks'axles work for the tw.

Hidden Content

Thank you Mr. Bracket,

The only thing I used from the YZ front forks were the YZ fork tubes.

Every thing is stock TW. Including the top bolts for the triple clamps.

Hidden Content

Looks great I am sure for your height it feels a lot better too.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

A tall boy TW?

So you're telling me that in a world full of ridiculously tall and tippy dual sports, you went and jacked up the shortest of the bunch?

Love it! Love everything about it!

Your bike definitely looks (and I'd imagine rides!) much better after being leveled out with the taller forks.

I'm pretty jealous of that LizrdCooler kit too. I'm anxiously anticipating the 49-state model to add to my own TW.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Thank you Don,

Russ was just talking about you. It only took 18 months to get it done. I am very excited to try it on the dirt.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links