Cycleracks or Happy Trails rack systems - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cycleracks or Happy Trails rack systems

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    Hell of a deal here if you decide to go this route. No affiliation. —> https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323785332507
    the auction ain't over til it's over but maybe the guy had a buy it now before bids were placed and thats why it looked like a deal

it's something to watch though !

I have a slightly used (aprx 200 miles riding) full HT rear rack set with side racks and turn signal extensions etc as well as an unused HT front rack I'll be posting in the classifieds this weekend
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PlacerLode View Post
    Happy Trails by a wide margin the cyclerack is really a weak design in the TW application, bikes like BW's have much stronger rear frames and can handle the added stress of a cyclerack but TW's are weak where cycleracks attach
    Couldn't disagree more, JMO

That piece of sheet metal on the TW that the CR attaches to on the frame is not the fault of the CR, it's the TW. I did replace and beef up that on both TW's. Have you seen the loaded up cycle rack on our bikes when we go TW camping for 3-4 days at a time? On their web site is a pic of me and my 2001 TW by the river on one of our Around the Olympic Mts. trips.
    20150801_081553.jpg

Warranty speaks for it's self.

Cycle Rack Warranty,
    All our products are 100% made in the USA.
    If the rack is ever broken for any reason
    , we will replace it for
    free
    , you just pay the shipping.
    Never a question if you are the original owner or not, A STANDUP COMPANY FOR SURE.

Happy Trails Products Warranty
    Warranty Policy
    • We warrant products we manufacture to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year from the date of purchase.
    • During the one year period, Happy Trails will at its sole option, repair or replace any components which fail due to defects in materials and workmanship in normal use. Repairs or replacement will be at no charge to the customer. Freight will be prepaid by Happy Trails for USA customers only. In certain cases, return of the product for inspection, repair, and/or replacement may be necessary. This warranty does not cover damage caused by crashes, abuse, unreasonable wear and tear, or improper installation.
    • The warranty is intended for the original purchaser only. Proof of purchase will be needed to submit an item for warranty consideration. Happy Trails will consider items for warranty repair that are over a year if they fit the criteria above.
    • To begin a warranty claim, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
    Last edited by goldenhtr; 04-28-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    A very very wise man once said “it’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"Now then get your weapons... and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me"
    Gen:27:3

“I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Well I won that eBay bid on the HT set. paid $209 plus $20 shipping which is still a deal. Though I'm not sure it it comes with tail light extension so might need to get creative.wish I had seen your post PlacerLode.
    Peterb and Sthrnromr like this.
    2019 TW200
    Coleman CT200U

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

a follow up question,... which rack do people use when they make a lil following trailer? Is mounting to the swing arm preferred, or if the rear rack, which rack would perform better?
    2018 TW200 just purchased used with only 30 off road miles.
    also have Honda GL500 GL650 CX650 … another great forum like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponosred Links