Close

Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By Maxpower
  • 2 Post By elBuro
  • 2 Post By elBuro

Thread: 1000

1000 times. Yep, that's how many times the new shock is that I put on my 87 is over whoops now. I was feared dropping 500 dollars on a YSS shock was not going to be worth it. It's more than I paid for the entire bike.
    Today I gave my 200 the stress test on a 35 mile ride with a bunch of sand whoops. The shock still needs a little tweaking, but I can now ride the TW like any other dirt bike. I can hit bumps without gritting my teeth and the bike slamming or fear I'm going to get kicked sideways. It's still overweight and underpowered. Only rolling a new KTM450 under a TW gas cap will fix that. But the TW has horrible suspension and it has the potential easily to be a better bike.
    TW-Brian, Sthrnromr, Ken and 5 others like this.
    87 TW

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    1000 times. Yep, that's how many times the new shock is that I put on my 87 is over whoops now. I was feared dropping 500 dollars on a YSS shock was not going to be worth it. It's more than I paid for the entire bike.
    Today I gave my 200 the stress test on a 35 mile ride with a bunch of sand whoops. The shock still needs a little tweaking, but I can now ride the TW like any other dirt bike. I can hit bumps without gritting my teeth and the bike slamming or fear I'm going to get kicked sideways. It's still overweight and underpowered. Only rolling a new KTM450 under a TW gas cap will fix that. But the TW has horrible suspension and it has the potential easily to be a better bike.
    Wow. Great job developing a shock we've all been jonesing for.

Are you planning on putting up a sticky on the work after completed? I myself would like to duplicate your effort for my bike after you're done.

Might be a marketing opportunity in this effort for you somewhere !?!?

Sthrnromr and Darth like this.
    2006 TW200 CA version

I had mentioned to the company that there's a need for an affordable shock for the TW. I could be misunderstanding their interest however I got a meh feeling in their response. I'm not the first to get a TW shock from them although Im surprised that the first shock I got was short. I'm far from decent in setting up dirt bike suspensions. Some guys are really good at it. I just know I couldn't muscle the tw over rough stuff before and now the bike doesnt slam like my grandfather's Chevy wagon on the driveway apron any more. if I have a criticism it's that I'd like to be a little plusher on roots and stuff. The shock is easy enough to get off so I'll give it back until it's better

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.

Good job!
    Miaugi and Sthrnromr like this.
    2006 TW200 CA version

Sponosred Links