Faast Flexx handlebars?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Faast Flexx handlebars?

Faast Flexx handlebars?

Anyone had any experience using the faast flex handlebars on their TW or other bikes? My friend is recommending them to me but haven’t heard from the horses mouth yet about them.

Opinions? Criticisms? Best bars in the world?
    Darth and PlacerLode like this.

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    I ran them on my 2012 XT1200Z Super Tenere till I sold it. pulled the bars and sold them to another Super Tenere owner. I liked them.... took away a fair amount of shock to the hands and arms, also diminished vibration at the grips. They are pricy and well made.
    Converte gladium tuum in locum suum. Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt. - JC

I've heard of these for a long time but never rode with them.
    They look like they would be great for stutter-bumps & whoops and rough ground in general.

But...I believe they would really be overwhelmed by the T-Dub's lousy suspension!
    For $360, they are something I might consider only after I significantly improved the suspension.

For a little more moola you could get the tunable ProCycle fork kit and much better shock spring.
    I have those on my T-Dub and previous bikes. They work!
    ProCycle is a good vendor for T-Dub kit.

Also, tapered aluminum bars will help with vibes and harsh handlebar action.

https://www.fasstco.com/

https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html#fork-kit
    Donzo and reddave like this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I want to try them just have not been able to drop the coin on them yet

I bet they are killer from everything I have seen and heard

many choices on angles etc I wish I could go somewhere and try all the different configurations to see what I like best
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

Check out handlebar riser dampener systems also. Because the TW used the round style riser clamps instead of traditional dirt bike risers, choices are limited. The flex bars and Twisted Engineering Bars seem to work. People love them, or don't find they do anything for them.

Rox Speed FX Elite Series Anti-Vibration Handlebar Riser are one that should fit TW. They aren't cheap.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

I seriously question whether those bars are great, or if it's just a case of confirmation bias on the part of reviews. They appear to only dampen in one axis, and while that axis is relevant for up and down bumps if you align them straight up and down, there's a lot of other vibration on bikes that aren't along that singular axis. There's also harmonics to consider, but I guess the adjustable aspect can help there. At that price, I'm probably not going to find out.

Darth hit the nail on the head. If your going to spend a lot of money - spend it wisely!
    Darth and Smitty Blackstone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    Darth hit the nail on the head. If your going to spend a lot of money - spend it wisely!
    1. Suspension
    2. Brakes
    3. Tires
    4. Everything else
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    I seriously question whether those bars are great, or if it's just a case of confirmation bias on the part of reviews. They appear to only dampen in one axis, and while that axis is relevant for up and down bumps if you align them straight up and down, there's a lot of other vibration on bikes that aren't along that singular axis. There's also harmonics to consider, but I guess the adjustable aspect can help there. At that price, I'm probably not going to find out.

You really don't know how great they are until you take them off. That's well known by those who have had them and ride hard. For lolly gaggers, not so much. Ride a 60/80 mile Enduro or cross country race a few times then take them away and most want them back asap. You want them lined up on the same plane as your forks. Come off a double bad and these will save your wrists for sure. They'd be a waste of money for most tw riders. I just ordered my third set "Enduro Low" to put on top of my BRP Scotts Sub-mount to keep the same geometry as I had before. It sucks they cost so much but they are very well made and do work if sized and installed properly. They are not really for vibrations as much as they are for sharp impacts and hard hits. They defiantly allow me to ride at least 30% longer at a bearable fatigue. Just last week a rider dropped out early from arm pump and wrists so tight it looked like the tendons were gonna snap. That's what these are for; avoiding that.
    Darth, troll, PlacerLode and 1 others like this.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    You really don't know how great they are until you take them off. That's well known by those who have had them and ride hard. For lolly gaggers, not so much. Ride a 60/80 mile Enduro or cross country race a few times then take them away and most want them back asap. You want them lined up on the same plane as your forks. Come off a double bad and these will save your wrists for sure. They'd be a waste of money for most tw riders. I just ordered my third set "Enduro Low" to put on top of my BRP Scotts Sub-mount to keep the same geometry as I had before. It sucks they cost so much but they are very well made and do work if sized and installed properly. They are not really for vibrations as much as they are for sharp impacts and hard hits. They defiantly allow me to ride at least 30% longer at a bearable fatigue. Just last week a rider dropped out early from arm pump and wrists so tight it looked like the tendons were gonna snap. That's what these are for; avoiding that.

excellence description of what these bars do JJ. they also reduce fatigue on rough dirt/gravel roads like the Dempster highway or the canol road, both of these are long tough tours..... good equipment helps everyone.
    PlacerLode, Darth and Peterb like this.
    Converte gladium tuum in locum suum. Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt. - JC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links