Gearing for ATV tire
Close

For those of you running an ATV tire, what gearing did you go with if you didnt go with stock? What works best? Ive got the Ceros but im waiting for the wheels to get back from the powder coater to mount it.

It really depends on what kind of riding you do, and where you are on your chain and sprockets. I wouldn't necessarily run out and buy new chain and sprockets unless they're ready to be replaced. I also have the Ceros and have been running around for the last year or so on stock gearing. The low first gear is still low enough for most of what I do. If you are ready to replace your chain and sprockets I think you would be happy with a 55 tooth sprocket, unless you spend a lot of time on the open road. That'll put you back to just a little deeper than stock. You can put in the actual size of the Ceros in the sprocket calculator found here and play with it a little bit. The OD of the Ceros is found in this thread.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    It really depends on what kind of riding you do, and where you are on your chain and sprockets. I wouldn't necessarily run out and buy new chain and sprockets unless they're ready to be replaced. I also have the Ceros and have been running around for the last year or so on stock gearing. The low first gear is still low enough for most of what I do. If you are ready to replace your chain and sprockets I think you would be happy with a 55 tooth sprocket, unless you spend a lot of time on the open road. That'll put you back to just a little deeper than stock. You can put in the actual size of the Ceros in the sprocket calculator found here and play with it a little bit. The OD of the Ceros is found in this thread.

I also have a Ceros and run a 55t out back.

Its a good compromise, 1st is pretty low with enough legs for short highway trips.

Until I picked up a nail last month, I was bombing around town. For an atv tire I think the Ceros handles well.
    2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

Sponosred Links