Ordered new DG exahust.... Now... which jet kit?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Ordered new DG exahust.... Now... which jet kit?

Ordered new DG exahust.... Now... which jet kit?

DG recommended Dynojet Stage 1 kit @ $80

Have read here that procycle's jet kit is all that and a bag of chips @ $50.

Is there a difference? A preference?

Thank you in advance
    '14 TW200 'Vera'
    '04 WR450
    '05 Raptor 660

Quote Originally Posted by dprimero View Post
    DG recommended Dynojet Stage 1 kit @ $80

Have read here that procycle's jet kit is all that and a bag of chips @ $50.

Is there a difference? A preference?

Thank you in advance
    I just installed the DG last week. I got the kit off of ProCycle. Not sure what else you'd need honestly.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Not sure how the kits come, but I just did a 130 main jet with my DG v2 (1.25" end restrictor) and works pretty well for me. I am near sea level for what it's worth.
    dprimero and tylermoney like this.
    2018 TW200

Safety sticker removal mod
    Carb re-jet: 130 main, 34 pilot
    DG v2 exhaust, 1.25" insert

1972 CT2 175 - The OG TW

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I am doing that job this weekend. Don't half ass it. Get rid of the welch plug and turn the pilot screw back 2.5 turns. Re-jet with the 130 and go from there. Maybe a shim and the Procycle needle. I need to run it and tune it and run it and tune it. I am also putting on my white Procycle spring and Procycle fork improver set up. I am putting on my flex jet too. That thing looks like it will kick ass. It will make me feel like I am easily commanding a 17 horsepower machine because it may be true. Easy guys and Trail Woman, and Mrs. Admiral, and Luv Not...hero worship is not healthy. I will let yous guys know how it turns out. I also got the 1.25 inch noise suppressor. I am 617 ft. above sea level. I am also getting rid of every JIS head I can find and replacing it with socket head. As many of yous guys know I am planning to jump a schoolbus while smoking a cigarette, flashing a peace sign, all while having a scantily clad 18 year old with low self esteem on the back holding a boombox playing "I'm the Man" by the killers. This is a lifetime of coolness wrapped up into one moment.

When I am done I will let you know if these parts are the best in the world. I will not keep them on the bike if they are not.
    Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 06-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I did the main jet to 130 and turned the idle/air screw to 3turns (started with 2.5). The kit from ProCycle should be more than enough.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

Tylermoney-Nice job. I have always heard that anything past 2.5 turns is inconsequential. Obviously I may have bad information. 2.5 turns is like when Nigel Tufnel takes you off the cliff with 11. There is nothing more than 11.

Last edited by Michael Bryce Winnick; 06-04-2019 at 09:27 AM.
    tylermoney and Tweaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    Tylermoney-Nice job. I have always heard that anything past 2.5 turns is inconsequential. Obviously I may have bad information. 2.5 turns is like when Nigel Tufnel takes you off the cliff with 11. There is nothing more than 11.

Haha, well my info was from others that are much more experienced/knowledgeable than I am ... had it been left to me, I would've probably still had it stock.

I will say that the adjustment from riding it with 2.5 turns to 3 turns with the 130 main in there did seem to make a noticeable difference to me. With that said, I do like going to 11
    Tweaker likes this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

Thank you for telling me that. I will be mindful that when I am tuning it that I can go past 2.5 turns and it is relevant. If 2.5 is good it cannot hurt to see if 3 is better. I know how to undo that mod. With all the jokes aside, I seriously need all the tuning advice I can get. My mechanical work is like a hate crime against my machine.

No two TW’s are exactly the same – keep that in mind, and you’ll be fine …..
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bryce Winnick View Post
    Thank you for telling me that. I will be mindful that when I am tuning it that I can go past 2.5 turns and it is relevant. If 2.5 is good it cannot hurt to see if 3 is better. I know how to undo that mod. With all the jokes aside, I seriously need all the tuning advice I can get. My mechanical work is like a hate crime against my machine.
    Believe me, I'm right there with you. I'm like a new parent making mistakes and learning as I go. Hopefully my TW forgives me when it's all grow'd up. From what I am discovering, even with good advice, everything is different depending on the specific bike, where you are located, and if all the stars are aligned
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs

1973 Yamaha RD350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links