NiqHowie's 2012 tw200 "supermoto" build
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NiqHowie's 2012 tw200 "supermoto" build

So, I started off as a Old Chevy car kid, Got an 84 el camino first that I fixed up, now I have a 68 Chevelle that started out as a V6 an is now a 400 horsepower small block v8, with a T5 Borg warner sitting behind it. My father is my main influence and the beginning of my love for manipulating metals and fixing up a desperate situation!

Anyways I bought a tw200 about 9 months ago BRAND NEW. I now have over 4,000 miles on her and have a couple of mods on it!

This is where it all began!

My first "mod" was the foot pegs, the other ones are WAY to skinny! I took these pegs off of a kx100 frame and had to grind down the sides to make it fit within the bracket, I also had to drill a small hole in the bottom right hand portion, of the inside of the peg where the return spring seats, I did this to use the stock spring for the bracket 20 minutes and I got a nice pair of pegs that would've cost $50 on the internet! I prepped them (a bit poorly as i just wanted to ride!) and sprayed them with a rustoleum flat black paint.

This side is a bit bent from the other bike, but oh well! haha

The next step was the Custom tailight that cost me $20 on ebay and $10 in aluminum sheeting!

I was told by "rainman" that the tabs break off after a while. I'm going to make threaded tabs to weld on for when that happens!

This mod took about 20 minutes, along with the Short aftermarket LED BLINKERS.

Here's here rear end

Next, I swapped out the front blinkers and put some TUSK Handlebars and Tusk Handguards on the bike! I REALLY love how comfortable the bars feel now! And the handguards are keeping my hands warm during the cold nights I commute! (Yes, New Mexico gets cold!) I took off the stock graphics as I perceived it to look like a toy(probably more so now! But I love motocross and stickers) I have a local graphics company making some graphic ideas for me!

heres a pic with the old blinkers

Here's a side by side comparison of the length of both the new and stock turn signals!

AND FINALLY HER CURRENT CONDITION! I cut the front fender because my puppy loves to eat plastic! I was initially mad but after stepping back and staring at it, I find it to look better than stock! haha A new supermoto fender is definitely in the works! along with SHINKO street tires, or the BF tw203/204's, and a blaster shock. I'm also looking into a new headlight of some sort! I have the turn signals,pegs, brake light, and stock handlebars all available for sale. I will be updating this build here soon with new graphics and the others as mentioned above!

Feel free to text(575-639-5150), PM, Or email me with any questions or even ideas! This FORUM MAKES THE BIKE 10 TIMES BETTER THAN IT IS(which is already bada$$) Ride on my friends!

-Niq Howie

"Peace be the journey"
    "Peace be the journey"

MY BIKE BUILD- Hidden Content

-2012 tw200

Looks great! Can't wait to see the graphics you come up with! I'm impressed, 4000 miles in 9 months! You are a rockstar!

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

Looks great. The stickers make it look like a sweet motocross bike. I never thought about doing that to the front fender but it looks awesome.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

cool setup, stickers make it look competition style.
    2006 tw200

looking good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrbracket View Post
    Looks great! Can't wait to see the graphics you come up with! I'm impressed, 4000 miles in 9 months! You are a rockstar!

Thanks MRBRACKET! I love your bike and the procycle page that you helped develop! I will be making some orders here soon! I can't stay off this bike! I use it to commute to my fiance's house because she lives 9 miles away from me, My V8's gas tank isn't too fond of that!

point37 & 671dub: Thanks! I love the look of motocross stickers! I'm working with a graphic designer for a metallic blue graphic design! hopefully i'll have something within a couple of months!

Point37: I REALLY LOVE YOUR HUSKY! I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS!

Rainman: I was about to bury my dog for chewing it up, I ended up buying her a bone because it looks better! haha Accidents sometimes look better!
    "Peace be the journey"

-2012 tw200

Quote Originally Posted by niqhowie View Post
    point37 & 671dub: Thanks! I love the look of motocross stickers! I'm working with a graphic designer for a metallic blue graphic design! hopefully i'll have something within a couple of months!

Point37: I REALLY LOVE YOUR HUSKY! I'm EXTREMELY JEALOUS!

can't wait to see what you come up with for graphics...and thanks

I am huge fan of motocross as well (rider/racer). I am a huge fan of stickers as well LOL! Like the trimmed front fender reminds me of an FMX bike like what twitch (Jeremy Stenburg)does to his CRF450R's. Very cool and I am excited to see the graphics when they are done.
    Jon62602 likes this.
    ALEX-

My Current Rides:

DIRT:
    2013 yz450F (race bike)
    2011 Yz450F (practice bike)
    2008 Yz250F (full mod)
    2005 TTR125 (full mod Gf's bike)

Street:
    2009 DRZ400SM (full mod)
    2009 qlink XF200 (sumo build)
    2007 SDG 140cc big bore (supermoto)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

If you get a chance take of the stock boot covers and put some fork seal protectors on instead. That with the sumpermoto fender mod would be sweet looking for a supermoto look.
    "I am simply a guy trying to master a very simple machine with very complex dynamics"

MSF Rider coach

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake morris View Post
    If you get a chance take of the stock boot covers and put some fork seal protectors on instead. That with the sumpermoto fender mod would be sweet looking for a supermoto look.

Do you know where I can get some of these Fork seal Protectors? Is it bad to take off the Gaiters/boots and ride without them?
    "Peace be the journey"

-2012 tw200

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links