Tusk ATV High Bend vs TW200 Stock Bars
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nihil

Thread: Tusk ATV High Bend vs TW200 Stock Bars

Tusk ATV High Bend vs TW200 Stock Bars

Does anyone have a comparison view, or if nothing else a couple different angle pics of the Tusk (or similar) ATV Sport bars? I'm looking to raise the bars a bit, and could do that with some of the 30mm risers available out there, but a set of bars is only another $10 or so, and would be an improvement I'd hope in rigidity, longevity, etc. I've read that a lot like the ATV high bend, but i'm a bit concerned it will be a little too high. It shows 6.35" as the height, I'm just not sure what the stock height is. I'm guessing around 3.5-4"? If so, the ATV high bend would be about the same as doing the 30mm or 2" risers. Am I thinking of this correctly?

This may help you:

http://tw200.org/barsim/
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

Awesome! I'll check it out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

So the ATV High bend bars look basically the same as stock, but I've read that they are a noticeable improvement in height. Is the simulator pretty accurate?

It's reasonably accurate. I didn't take the measurements from the stock bars as mine were already bent when I wrote the sim, so I can't say if stock is 100% accurate. All aftermarket bar measurements are taken directly from manufacturers websites. You should also consider rotation in the clamp when factoring things, as the stock will sit lower than represented in the sim when rotated back so that the grip area is roughly parallel to the ground.
    Sthrnromr likes this.
    `09 TW200

Hidden Content

Not that it answers your question. I'd like to know the answer myself. Im just adding I added 30mm risers in addition to the 7/8 to 1 1/8 adapters on my Pro Tapers. Not fond of the look but its hidden pretty much with the bar pad. But I like the positioning way more than I thought I would. A tall set of bars would clean up the mounting
    87 TW

I went with old honda fatcat bars and couldnt be happier. Taller bars are one of the best things you can do for your bike. Your constraint in how high os of course the throttle cable u fortunately.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

Sponosred Links