Close
††††
††††
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By CF-FZD
  • 2 Post By Peterb

Thread: Tire grooving/cutting

Tire grooving/cutting

Hey guys Iím new here, I picked up a 94íTW200 last week. I look forward to learning more about these bikes and seeing where it will take me. I changed the fork seals, steering bearings, and got the engine running right. Iím in Ontario Canada and to plate the bike for the street I had to have a safety inspection done. Once I got the bike home I went at the tires. The Bridgestone tires were too ďstreetĒ for my liking so I borrowed a tire grover with a 1/2Ē blade. I removed a 1/4Ē of rubber from the original groves, some were only 1/4Ē wide but are now 1/2Ē wide and almost 1/2Ē deep . I was lucky to have not exposed any cord I, can see the fabric pattern in a few spots. I may put another grove across each big block 1/4Ē wide.

D5B8B84C-889D-4AA7-904B-681EFF1C336C.jpeg

35962400-16AE-4153-AD76-6B818BD81E33.jpeg

My intention was just to get it to hook up a bit better in the soft dirt and mud off road. I donít really care how it changes the road handling as I only ride the road to get to trails. Iím sure these tire would have lasted thousands of kilometres, I donít need that so I cut them up.

Iíll tackle the front tire one I get a 1/4Ē blade for the tire grover. If it doesnít turn out well Iíll swap the front tire for a rearing my XR250L

E2CA98D9-07BE-42DC-9440-E10C27CDFEE8.jpeg

My new to my 1994 TW200, odd to have black plastics and the round headlight bolts on like itís stock but Iíve never seen a TW like this.

Iíll get some better pics tomorrow
    Fred, Ken, ejfranz and 2 others like this.

That looks good. I rode on and off road for a few years on the 203/204s and I think they are great tires. BTW hello from North Bay.
    Ken and ejfranz like this.

Sponosred Links