More hp
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: More hp

More hp

Just picked up a 2017 Tw what a blast but would like a little more reliable power it is all stock what can I do

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbullet View Post
    Just picked up a 2017 Tw what a blast but would like a little more reliable power it is all stock what can I do
    Sell it and get a KTM 690.
    If you do ALL the modifications (cam, carb, exhaust, air box, etc) posted on here, you may get to 17hp. This bike ain't gonna be a hot rod. Just enjoy it for what it is.... Low and slow.
    Last edited by Apolloha; 06-11-2019 at 02:58 AM.
    Fred, arbolmano, Peterb and 3 others like this.
    2017 Apollo 250
    2018 Yamaha TW200
    1978 Suzuki DR370

You picked the wrong rig if your looking for more power. Choices are motor swap or larger bike. Any mods will be of very little improvement.

I'd look at a DR400SM and put off road tires on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

A few teeth larger back sprocket will reduce top speed but increase low end acceleration.

Power-to-weight ratio improvements to our little bikes are relatively easy & cheap to find.
    Power increases per se, are relatively difficult & expensive...and are generally found only in small increments.

Gearing changes appropriate to the way & places you ride, a perfect state of tune, lightening the bike and dropping 20 lbs. at the gym add up to real improvements you can feel.
    So for I've dropped 25 lb. of blubber with diet & exercise and 21 lbs. from the bike.

I'm waiting for Trail Woman's kit to switch our 1800s tech "cast iron" rear wheels & swingarms to that marvelous 1900s tech...aluminum.
    That will be the biggie!

PS - The most "BANG" for the buck will require a turbo & NOS system...
    Last edited by Darth; 06-11-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    Press fit a 3/4 inch copper fitting with one street end over the exhaust. Paint it flat black. The scavenging effect will just about rip the tire from the rim. It will go so fast that you will have to stop at the nearest rest room. The weight to horsepower ratio will thank you.
    gandolf likes this.

Ask your dealer about the Newest Power band BR-549 and then get one of these !! Velcro your riding boots to the pegs and fly!
    Darth likes this.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

he said more reliable power. not more power. i have never been let down by my TW, so i'm a little confused, are you having problems?
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by grewen View Post
    he said more reliable power. not more power. i have never been let down by my TW, so i'm a little confused, are you having problems?
    I am not having any problems this bike is for the wife but they are a blast to ride but being 6’3” and 235lbs I need a little more power out of one if I want one for myself
    Darth and Sthrnromr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbullet View Post
    I am not having any problems this bike is for the wife but they are a blast to ride but being 6’3” and 235lbs I need a little more power out of one if I want one for myself
    This is a very common request with not many common answers. You can embark on a continuing process of upgrading the carb jetting and shimming the needle, playing around with sprocket changes and a lighter front tire and even swapping an XT 225 motor in but in the end you will still have a TW that was never designed to rip through the trails like many other and much faster bikes. I just finished rebuilding a 1987 BW 350 and if there was a way to shoehorn that motor into a TW frame it would be an amazing transformation. If your wife is happy on her TW then just buy a different model bike for yourself that comes stock with the pep you want.

GaryL
    Purple and Sthrnromr like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links