Foot Pegs - IMS vs. Maos Dollar General
Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By nihil
  • 1 Post By excalibur

Thread: Foot Pegs - IMS vs. Maos Dollar General

Foot Pegs - IMS vs. Maos Dollar General

I just changed my foot pegs from $20 "HTTMT" random Chinacorp to IMS at 3x the price, and figured I'd post some pics.

Looking very similar, you can definitely tell the difference in build quality. I have a few thousand miles on the Maobrand pegs, and while they aren't outwardly showing any signs of wear, stress fracturing, or any other cause for alarm, they have started to rust a bit in spots and the coating they put on there looks to be very thick, which could easily hide things. You can see how the serrations and inside corners are very rounded, vs. the crisp clean edges on the IMS, like they were dipped in thick paint vs. what looks to be powder coating on the IMS.

The major motivating factor for me to switch was that without being able to see the joints or weld beads very well, the trust just wasn't there and part of my focus when riding while standing was on "what if a peg breaks?" exit planning. I'm sure the cheaper ones would be fine for quite some time longer, but it was worth it to me to buy back some of my attention for what was in front of me rather than what was under me.

All in all, both sets of pegs seem to be reasonable value for their respective prices. However, the IMS are 41g lighter, and since lightness is fastness, it makes them the clear choice for winning races.

elBuro, littletommy and Rhodetrip like this.
    `09 TW200

Hidden Content

You mention the need for light weight pegs and winning races using a TW200's in the same post

Seriously, I prefer both strength and dependability as well as larger size pegs also.

Too bad DMO pegs are not still available. I have a set on my 2010 and feel I have the Best of the Best

Gene aka: excalibur
    littletommy likes this.
    2010 TW 200 Dual Sport
    2017 Harley Softail Slim w/110 Cubic Inch Screamin' Eagle engine
    2005 Yamaha 450 Kodiak 4x4 Quad

Sponosred Links