LED turn signals on the cheap - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: LED turn signals on the cheap

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    Yeah, definitely a good deal then. I got rid of the stock TW lollypop turn-signals awhile ago. Actually a couple of tree's got rid of them for me.
    You know they are the same exact ones found on a 2018-19 XT250 and all XT225's? Yamaha is really getting they money's worth out of that supplier, Ha.

I already have the shorty incandescent signals from Procycle on the TW but looking for some cheap LED's for another bike.
    Did you need to add a capacitor or relay for them to work or are they "wire & play" and work exactly (faster or slower) using the stock flasher?
    Because of the "blinking" pattern shown in the quick vid I posted above, they work perfectly (IMO) without any relay or resistor. Take a look at the vid and see if that speed is ok with your liking.
    Darth likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

I did see it and without anything extra that's pretty darn good.
    I just ordered. Ridiculously great deal. Thank-you for posting.
    Sthrnromr and littletommy like this.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    I did see it and without anything extra that's pretty darn good.
    I just ordered. Ridiculously great deal. Thank-you for posting.
    littletommy likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Gee, I don't even need any and I'm about to order a set, haha
    TW-Brian, Darth and admiral like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Am I the only one who thinks these are ugly as hell?
    TW-Brian likes this.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks these are ugly as hell?
    Compared to what !
    Darth likes this.

In an attention-compromised age when images are instant and prevalent, the creative design process of modern Chinese turn signals serve as a contradiction, acting as a conduit for the mark of the original, individual. Not only that but they also illustrate how Chinese turn signal designers have reanimated techniques and forms using other sources that are appropriated from popular culture, photography, and collage, essentially creating a new variation of the traditional and socially acceptable lollipop style turn signals.

Hence what one may find ugly, others appreciate as stunning. And $10 feckin dollars to replace a stock cracked one

Fred and admiral like this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs

Someone should be writing add copy for Madison Avenue, or perhaps teaching comparative philosophy at an institution of higher learning.
    Sthrnromr, Darth and admiral like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Compared to what !
    They are just too thin and long for my liking.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    As a follow-up to this post https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/gen...ml#post1007896 after having a few rides in, I thought I would give a quick update with a brief video to help.

So after last weekends lengthy ride with my son, I ended up with a broken rear turn signal. I rode up on a berm peak waiting for my son and trying to stay out of the way. In a lapse of care, I stopped and went to put my foot down. There was no ground there. I had a 0 mph tip over but it was enough to break the already rough stock rear turn signal. I looked for some cheap replacement options and gave these flexible cheapo LED signals a try. They shipped quick from Kentucky and I mounted them today. I have to say $10 shipped for a set of four and I am pretty impressed. I added some washers for mounting but other than that slight adjustment, they fit great. FYI - what I received was slightly different as the LED pattern was not solid amber, but alternating amber and white bulbs, which in my opinion are even brighter and attention grabbing. If anyone is interested here is the link —>

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pcs-Univer...r/253822235398

Anyhow, they are certainly brighter than stock incandescent signals and definitely brighter at night. I don't ride road all that much with the TW but these are flexible, smaller, LED and cheap. Here is a quick vid to see what they look like in action.

One thing to note is that my phone did not properly catch the light distyribution. They are alternating amber and white LEDs and that is very evident with the human eye as opposed to this vid. You seriously cannot beat these for $10 shipped for 4!

Well Sir,
    You either got lucky or, you just plain bought a better set than I just did. Before I saw your write up here and video, I'd already done a bit of research and found what appears to be, an almost exact same set only, I paid $15.99 on Amazon for mine. They are supposed to be, just like yours, in the fact that they are "sequential" (kind-a like the old Cougar cars and newer model Mustangs). But, when I hooked only one up, the right rear one, it just flashes a little on the left side but, does not "sequence" like yours. Hmmmm, not sure here. I might have to add some form of a resistor to the positive line, near the signal. I got some hanging around so, I might give them a try. I'm still kinda new here so, I don't know if I'm aloud to post a short, 5 second video of mine in action. You'd get a better idea of how it's operating instead of me telling you. I sure like yours and, the ad for mine was stipulating that mine are to act the same as yours but, ain't happening.
    Scott

P.S. Well, I still don't know how to upload a video. Tried it several times on various forums and it never works. Oh well. Suffice to say, my LED turn signal does now work like yours. I don't know if it makes a difference if only ONE is hooked up or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FIRE UP; 07-01-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponosred Links