Picture Request - Aftermarket Fenders on TDubs
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Picture Request - Aftermarket Fenders on TDubs

Picture Request - Aftermarket Fenders on TDubs

Good Day,

I'm looking to change out the front fender on my 2017 (Mineral Blue / Navy) for a high mounted one. What I'm not sure of, is which colour should I go with? The typical Yamaha royal blue, just doesn't match up.

That narrows the choice down to black and white. So, if anyone has a 2016/2017 with a high mounted fender, could you please post some pics of your bike?

Also, I noticed there are a few other supermoto fenders on the market. Cycra, UFO, Acerbis all have universal supermoto fenders. If anyone has pics of their mounted UFO or Cycra, please post them. Any year or colour is fine, I would just like to see which shape I prefer. Oh yeah, custom ones would be welcomed too.

Have a good one.
    2017 TW200 - No mods to date.

Make a bracket for the triple tree its not hard and mount your stock fender high.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    Make a bracket for the triple tree its not hard and mount your stock fender high.
    I want to keep the Yamaha fender and bracket unmodified, so if I change my mind I can easily go back to stock form. There doesn't appear to be many used 2016/2017 plastics for sale, and brand new is too pricey. Worse case scenario, I lose $30 on a Supermoto fender.
    2017 TW200 - No mods to date.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred View Post
    I want to keep the Yamaha fender and bracket unmodified, so if I change my mind I can easily go back to stock form. There doesn't appear to be many used 2016/2017 plastics for sale, and brand new is too pricey. Worse case scenario, I lose $30 on a Supermoto fender.
    You remove the stock bracket and drill four holes in the top of the stock fender. If you want to change back to stock look, just reinstall the stock bracket and put back. The stock bracket will even cover up the holes you drilled.

DSC_0344.JPG
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

Longer fender brace bolts spacers to your liking and you have a "high fender" that won't load up with mud. Pics included.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
    Now Hidden Content on my 2nd TW - 2002 TW200 33k miles - 130 main 34 pilot - 244 Golden Boy Front - 34 BS rear - ATV Bar - New Rally Perches, Master Cylinder, and levers. This one may take a bit to whip into shape but we'll get there!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyMack View Post
    Longer fender brace bolts spacers to your liking and you have a "high fender" that won't load up with mud. Pics included.

You haven't had any problems with that fender hitting the triple clamps when the front forks bottom out?
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

I have the raised fender also. You can raise 1 inch without smacking at bottoming out. It was 14 of the stainless quarter inch washers I bought.
    Much better mud management, have not fully glopped yet and this was a muddy winter fer sure.

Nope, my forks don't bottom out, but the original setup would load up with mud. The knobby on front is taller than the DeathWing so needs a bit more clearance. All 3 of my TWs ended up with this mod so pretty happy with looks and functionality.

Now Hidden Content on my 2nd TW - 2002 TW200 33k miles - 130 main 34 pilot - 244 Golden Boy Front - 34 BS rear - ATV Bar - New Rally Perches, Master Cylinder, and levers. This one may take a bit to whip into shape but we'll get there!

Besides, I really think the Dork Front Fender might be "okay" (just barely) on a DRz or BMW, but just looks stupid on a TW.

9 posts and no aftermarket fender pictures yet? That is not helpful to the Original Poster. Here are two of mine :
    reddave, admiral, Ken and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links