kangaroo's little blue burro Pepe - Page 2
Close
    
    
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: kangaroo's little blue burro Pepe

  1. #11
    Senior Member Gastone165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    215
    Kangaroo, if you’re going to spend some money on the front forks, maybe a consideration would be some RT180 front forks. There are some threads on here where people have switched over to the better fork and been happy. As another thought, they may want to sell their old ones. Good luck.
    Purple, Ken and Fred like this.
    1972 Yamaha DT 175, 1974 Kawasaki 125, 1976 Suzuki TM 250, 1979 Yamaha 750, 1977 Husquvarna 360, 1979 Husquvarna 250, (2) 1980 Suzuki RM 400’s, 1971 Husquvarna 400, 1983 Honda V65 Magna, 1987 Suzuki 230 Quad, 1987 TW200, 1990 TW200, 1996 Honda XR 650, 1998 Yamaha 300 King Quad, 2000 Harley Davidson Heritage, 2006 Kawasaki KLX 250s, 2007 Arctic Cat 650 Quad, 2010 Polaris Sportsman 850 Quad, 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Quad, 2002 TW200, 1995 TW200, 2008 TW200, 2016 TW200.

  2. #12
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastone165 View Post
    Kangaroo, if you’re going to spend some money on the front forks, maybe a consideration would be some RT180 front forks. There are some threads on here where people have switched over to the better fork and been happy. As another thought, they may want to sell their old ones. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info though I already ordered a new oem set. Will keep this in mind as a future upgrade. For a bike that's been around for so long, I'd have thought there would be a HUGE used market!
    Ken likes this.

  3. #13
    Senior Member FIRE UP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lake Havasu City AZ
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by kangaroo View Post
    Thanks for the info though I already ordered a new oem set. Will keep this in mind as a future upgrade. For a bike that's been around for so long, I'd have thought there would be a HUGE used market!
    Ya know Roo,
    We just purchased an '07 T-dub with a whopping 582 miles on it just over a week ago. It's had a sad and mistreated adolescence. The previous bone-head owners, at least two, removed both mirrors, the chain guard, the chain guide, both right and left passenger foot pegs and mounting brackets, the tool kit, the owners manual and, there's only one key. The bike had been sitting for over 5 years and the tank had some serious rust in it. But, we got it home, started the resurrection process and, got it running about 5 days later. I've replaced the broken front brake lever with a much better one than the factory one. I've replaced the totally broken off, right rear turn signal. I just got some used passenger foot pegs and mounting brackets and, I took a chance on some mirrors from Amazon that, once I got them and installed them, I can tell they are WAY SUPERIOR to the factory T-dub mirrors.

    But, I too was thinking there would be a large used parts market for T-dubs. Well, so far, I've not found too much. There's a few here and there on ebay but, that's about it so far that I've found. Anyway, our "Blue Noid" '07 is shaping up nicely. The P/O also put a 60t rear sprocket on it so, I've got a new 14T front sprocket, a new chain and, a new 50T rear sprocket, all due in, today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Can't wait to get those installed so I can cruise around our little town without winding the guts of of that little 200cc motor. Good luck on Pepe.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Super Moderator Purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Ynys Môn
    Posts
    4,594
    Unfortunately, I suspect you’re right, as there seems to be few “used parts” here or in the States – most of what there is over priced – used parts from Japan are much the same (and that’s before shipping) – 250 for a rusted tank ?

    However, there’s an engine on the USA site at the moment for 500, so very occasionally reasonable deals can be had. A lot of what you’re after can be found on the classified section of this site, people modify their bikes all the time, but don’t post “for sale” of old parts unless someone expresses an interest.

    Sometimes a “wanted to buy” post can flush these out – try it …..
    Darth likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

    TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

  6. #15
    Senior Member FIRE UP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Lake Havasu City AZ
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Unfortunately, I suspect you’re right, as there seems to be few “used parts” here or in the States – most of what there is over priced – used parts from Japan are much the same (and that’s before shipping) – 250 for a rusted tank ?

    However, there’s an engine on the USA site at the moment for 500, so very occasionally reasonable deals can be had. A lot of what you’re after can be found on the classified section of this site, people modify their bikes all the time, but don’t post “for sale” of old parts unless someone expresses an interest.

    Sometimes a “wanted to buy” post can flush these out – try it …..
    Purple, Yes Sir, I cruised around the classifieds with a "wanted" post for a couple of items. Unfortunately for me, what I wanted was just sold prior to me getting here on this forum and needing parts. Oh well, it what it is and, I'll keep hitting that classified section every now and then for my potential needs. I recently picked up a set of used rear passenger foot pegs and mounting brackets for $50. They were a bit rusty so, I just broke out my trusty MAC sand blaster gun and, shot them to ultra clean. Then, hit them with some Rustoleum semi-gloss black. I shot the steel section of the foot pegs with "Chrome Silver" so, tomorrow, they should be dry enough to slap onto the bike. I won't be riding 2-up almost at all but, I just like the looks of stock, in that scenario.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

  7. #16
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    Ya know Roo,
    We just purchased an '07 T-dub with a whopping 582 miles on it just over a week ago. It's had a sad and mistreated adolescence. The previous bone-head owners, at least two, removed both mirrors, the chain guard, the chain guide, both right and left passenger foot pegs and mounting brackets, the tool kit, the owners manual and, there's only one key. The bike had been sitting for over 5 years and the tank had some serious rust in it. But, we got it home, started the resurrection process and, got it running about 5 days later. I've replaced the broken front brake lever with a much better one than the factory one. I've replaced the totally broken off, right rear turn signal. I just got some used passenger foot pegs and mounting brackets and, I took a chance on some mirrors from Amazon that, once I got them and installed them, I can tell they are WAY SUPERIOR to the factory T-dub mirrors.

    But, I too was thinking there would be a large used parts market for T-dubs. Well, so far, I've not found too much. There's a few here and there on ebay but, that's about it so far that I've found. Anyway, our "Blue Noid" '07 is shaping up nicely. The P/O also put a 60t rear sprocket on it so, I've got a new 14T front sprocket, a new chain and, a new 50T rear sprocket, all due in, today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Can't wait to get those installed so I can cruise around our little town without winding the guts of of that little 200cc motor. Good luck on Pepe.
    Scott
    Awesome, sounds like your bike's gonna get some good ownership. These little guys are rugged but they also need to be taken care of. Hope youre out riding shortly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Unfortunately, I suspect you’re right, as there seems to be few “used parts” here or in the States – most of what there is over priced – used parts from Japan are much the same (and that’s before shipping) – 250 for a rusted tank ?

    However, there’s an engine on the USA site at the moment for 500, so very occasionally reasonable deals can be had. A lot of what you’re after can be found on the classified section of this site, people modify their bikes all the time, but don’t post “for sale” of old parts unless someone expresses an interest.

    Sometimes a “wanted to buy” post can flush these out – try it …..
    Yeah definitely will use the classsifieds to search for more parts in the future. Thanks for the advice. The bike is so basic, everything seems to be an upgrade. lol I just love the yamaha simplicity of it.

  8. #17
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52

    new rotor

    Chinese version of the rotor arrived. Fit looks good. Little confounded on the bolt pattern. Not too many options to upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #18
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52

    renthal handlebars

    Replaced the fragile and bent stock handlebars with some Renthals. Drilled out the hole for the throttle tube holder. Got them mounted. In the mean time, swapped out throttle tubes with an open-ended one to prepare for some handguards.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #19
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52

    dielectric grease all connections

    Now that the rebuild is taking place after tearing everything down. Took the opportunity to squirt dielectric grease onto all electrical connections. Never have to worry about rust or shorting issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darth likes this.

  11. #20
    Member kangaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    SF Bay Area, Cali
    Posts
    52

    air fuel screw mod

    Decided to mod the carb and adjust the air-fuel screw. Took off the carb and was planning on removing the plug... only to find that it had already been removed. However it was only 1 full turn out. Turned it out 2.5 as the mod suggested.

    2nd pic is with my 2001 R1 carbs getting rebuilt. The TW is so much smaller even as the R1 carbs are for only a slightly larger cylinder capacity of 250cc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •