kangaroo's little blue burro Pepe - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: kangaroo's little blue burro Pepe

Hey Roo,
    Well, after a good couple weeks of tinkering with mine, rust removal from the tank, new parts here and there, a brand new set of stock sprockets and chain, new mirrors, and a few other odds and ends, I was actually able to get it out for a good quick little jaunt yesterday. I was HAPPY to say the least. It did have a 60T rear sprocket which, as stated in one other thread, I was out of RPMs at about 45 mph. But, with the new 50T rear and a 14T front, I am now very happy with it's RPM and sound at 45mph. And I've got more if I need and or want it. I dig these little bikes. I just bought a Versa Hauler so I can haul it on the back of the motorhome at the same time, tow our Jeep. Best of both worlds.

P.S. In the photos attached, you'll see the "Blue Noid" our present one and, one we had several years ago which, I wish I would have kept, an '03 with a "Jimbo" windshield.
    Scott
    P.S. 2, Sorry about the turned picture, it's the way the phone took the pic.
    IMG_1007.JPGIMG_1004.JPGIMG_0621.JPG
    Last edited by FIRE UP; 07-10-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Ken likes this.
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Both bikes look real good. Glad you're able to already get back on the road. My replacement forks will be here in a week. Cant wait to get mine back up and running. These little bikes are great for cruising around town. Yeah I hear ya on the seller's regret. But you're back now. That's the important part.

Chain and Countershaft sprocket

Non-oring chains do not age well. Swapped out for an x-ring chain. While I got the cover opened up, swapped the front sprocket to a 15T. Trying to push the rear wheel as far back as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Errtu and Ken like this.
    2006 Tw200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kangaroo View Post
    Non-oring chains do not age well. Swapped out for an x-ring chain. While I got the cover opened up, swapped the front sprocket to a 15T. Trying to push the rear wheel as far back as possible.
    I ordered that exact chain and a 15T sprocket just a few days ago.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

Ah your TW prefers gold as well! Wish the inner links were also gold but choices are limited.
    2006 Tw200

Footpegs

Made my own from some scrap lying around after looking at the aftermarket prices.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    littletommy, Ken, TW-Brian and 1 others like this.
    2006 Tw200

How are you liking the 15 / 50 sprocket combination?
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

I just installed a non-o-ring chain and two new sprockets, a 14T front and 50T rear. So far, in only about 10 miles or so of test riding, the combo is far better for general street riding than the 14/60 combo I purchased the bike with. As for a non-o-ring chain choice, well, it's what I got and we'll see how long it lasts. I'm not too worried about it. If it wears to a point it's non-serviceable in some sort of short time frame, as in say, oh, a year or so, well, I'll maybe target an o-ring version.
    Scott
    Retired SDFD, 30 years,
    2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD CAT C-7 330HP
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Caliente red
    2007 TW 200 "Blue Noid"
    2115 Jeep JKUR Rubicon
    2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4
    HAM, KI6OND
    Me, the wife and our killer Mini Schnauzer, "Sophie"

Quote Originally Posted by Errtu View Post
    How are you liking the 15 / 50 sprocket combination?
    1st gear is more usable around town for sure. Might drop the rear to a 47 for longer 1st gear pulls. Then keep the 50 for the occasional dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
    I just installed a non-o-ring chain and two new sprockets, a 14T front and 50T rear. So far, in only about 10 miles or so of test riding, the combo is far better for general street riding than the 14/60 combo I purchased the bike with. As for a non-o-ring chain choice, well, it's what I got and we'll see how long it lasts. I'm not too worried about it. If it wears to a point it's non-serviceable in some sort of short time frame, as in say, oh, a year or so, well, I'll maybe target an o-ring version.
    Scott
    If you maintain (smother) the chain, they can actually last a long time. But my experience has been lube before the ride then clean the mess after the ride. Being more into riding than cleaning, I converted to the o-ring side. I still have a 20 year can of silkolene somewhere in the garage. You can have it!
    2006 Tw200

Made my own from some scrap lying around after looking at the aftermarket prices.

Hey Kangaroo,

Did you save that program so you could make another set of those?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links