Brand new tw full exhaust carb and web cam....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Brand new tw full exhaust carb and web cam....

Brand new tw full exhaust carb and web cam....

I’m a Yamaha tech and have a ktm dual sport that I am selling to buy a tw... more or less to see what I can get out of one... will be using a brand new platform and doing these mods... what I can’t seem to find is a full exhaust... is there any full systems for sale?

welcome evan!

i'm sure your adventures will provide lots of grist for the mill around here.

many have done exhaust mods, to a variety of results. i think mr bracket did some of the most extensive testings and posted results. to my knowledge there aren't any full exhaust kits for our bike. he's no longer on here, but his Bee lives on in the backwoods of idaho. i've heard on full moon nights, when the wolves silence themselves, you can hear it buzz. it might be sasquach's favorite ride. it demonstrates a fondness for a certain pink pig. ???

lots have swapped out the xt/ttr stainless header for our stock tubes (myself included), more for looks or corrosion resistance, than for performance improvements.

the most common exhaust mod is probably an FMF backend. debates rage on whether this offers much more than added sound and bling. YMMV

they're fun bikes and i'm sure you will get lots of smiles/ mile out of it.

ride on!

joe band

my tdub b4.jpg my tw200 metcalf.jpg
    Last edited by joeband; 07-09-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can’t provide any help about exhaust systems, but it sure is nice to have a Yamaha tech on here.
    01 street 203/204
    96 hybrid Shinko 241/428
    89 restored SOLD

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your new TW as it evolves.

There is no complete after market exhaust system for the TW that I have seen. I have the FMF slip on on my 2017. As Joeband said, there is a lot of debate here about the benefits of the FMF slip on but I think much of the debate is from people who have never actually used one. If you get the jetting right you will feel a definite increase in torque through out the throttle range with the FMF muffler - especially noticeable with two up riding.

I have been doing a lot of mods on my 2017 TW trying to create the ultimate "mini adventure" bike. Here's a photo from a ride yesterday.

TW-0000944.jpg
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

I did the 225 stainless head pipe and a DG exhaust, so technically full exhaust with the silencer and re jet. Happy with sound and ride.
    Welcome to the forum!

Cool

Yamaha tech huh - we'll see - lol

The aforementioned Mr Brackets bike (pictured below) is currently in Idaho, and running well - at least it was when I last saw it. From the '88 to 00 range, he tried a lot of stuff, and more than that - he documented the whole thing - https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/per...200-build.html

a7b5c80faa3f1ab5592bc08f16d.jpg

Welcome to the board ....
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Then & Now Pictures...

Then

Now

1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Hah – it’s close enough. The original exhaust set-up has been replaced by a DG slip on – and some of the forum decals are “absent in part” – but other than that, it’s all there

Instantly recognisable – pulls like a train – (the red dust is optional)

The closer you get, the more you notice the little “personal” tweaks – for instance the swinging arm has a couple of bits welded on there to aid in lifting, the shift lever is folding, there’s all sorts of bits “added” to that bike. And when you add up the engine mods and suspension upgrades, it’s a piece of work

Mock as you may, (once you have it started), that thing flies wherever you point it – trust me on that …..
    admiral and littletommy like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Yes Yamaha tech... lol that’s fir the info couldn’t see the pictures for some reason so didn’t ever get to see his dyno results... or finish reading all 60 pages... lol

You can buy the Akrapovic header here and then add whatever slip on you want(the Akrapovic one is almost impossible to find).
    Also some cafe racer styled full systems here.
    Last edited by YamTW87; 07-09-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links