Mods - What's your favorite that you've done? What's on your "To-do" list? - Page 4
Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Mods - What's your favorite that you've done? What's on your "To-do" list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Great looking bike but I wouldn't recommend it in traffic. My wifes big gray van can't be seen in the middle of the street with the headlights on. We still have some wooded areas around and I'm sure you wouldn't be seen. That is cool for off road and trails though. I have ridden right up on a buck with mine and it isn't camo'd. I bet you can really sneak up on a deer now.
    I'm interested in keeping a low profile from the bug-n-bunny huggers seeing as I live in California. Trail riding is akin to wearing a Make America Great Again hat or shirt in this state.
    But I'll tell ya, as far as being seen, not a problem. EVERYBODY sees this thing in California! I get the stink-eye worse than if I were a Hell's Angel riding a loud Hog. Ha! Especially when the rifle scabbard is on board. I also get a lot of thumbs up from the redneck crowd. Ha!
    The bear slayer!

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Pro 3 View Post
    I'm interested in keeping a low profile from the bug-n-bunny huggers seeing as I live in California. Trail riding is akin to wearing a Make America Great Again hat or shirt in this state.
    But I'll tell ya, as far as being seen, not a problem. EVERYBODY sees this thing in California! I get the stink-eye worse than if I were a Hell's Angel riding a loud Hog. Ha! Especially when the rifle scabbard is on board. I also get a lot of thumbs up from the redneck crowd. Ha!
    Maybe you should have an ax on the other side also. This would keep a low profile for the tree huggers as well. Very cool bike.
    1993 TW200 just shy of 46,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    That explains it, they are made of Chinesium!

Got a link for them?
    Here is the link = not cheap, but made of Chinesium, longer, wider and mucho sturdy, a solid large base. A warning, don't ride bare footed with them! after only 20 miles my feet were spewing blood!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-CNC-Foo...kAAOSw2s1UwaHn

No need for any lecture…..totally kidding about bare footing it, These have sharp top grips, but get wide quickly so they don't shred your boots. Also do need modification to fit properly and articulate

They come in other colors -
    Last edited by Donzo; 07-13-2019 at 09:39 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    Here is the link = not cheap, but made of Chinesium, longer, wider and mucho sturdy, a solid large base. A warning, don't ride bare footed with them! after only 20 miles my feet were spewing blood!!

No need for any lecture…..totally kidding about bare footing it, These have sharp top grips, but get wide quickly so they don't shred your boots. Also do need modification to fit properly and articulate

Nice pegs for the money.
    Donzo likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post

Of course, they don't ship to Canada. I'm trying to spend money, and they won't take it.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

I have done a lot of mods to the T-Dub since I bought it. I ride it pretty much every day. The one mod that stands out on a daily basis is the Cycleracks rack. I haul all kinds of stuff on it pretty much every day. From tires to ice chests to camping gear to whatever I need to haul that day. I like all the mods I have done but if the rack was gone it would drastically change what I can do with the T-Dub. Yes...I towed my concrete mixer 2 blocks attached to the rack. It worked perfectly and saved me a huge hassle. .94A1700C-0B61-4528-AE61-28D78A3F27F1_1563068094111.jpegBC1A58F7-C64C-472F-9EF8-2B80A4D5ECD5_1563068129539.jpeg0EC9AAD3-9A12-4BE8-92D6-C8461F9D13EE_1563068187073.jpg
    Last edited by TomJ; 07-15-2019 at 10:10 PM.

My favorite mod is probably upgrading the electrics to the latest version. Harness, stator, flywheel, CDI, etc.

I just took off the Chinese VM26 clone carb and replaced it with a genuine Mikuni VM26-606 today. That seems to be working great. The Chinese carb ran ok too, but was very rich at idle; out of the pilot screw adjustment. I basically bought the real Mikuni so I would know exactly what I am getting when I buy jets. That way I can also try them in the clone carb to see if they work properly there. If they do, I'll probably use it on another bike.

A bigger tank is in the plans; in fact I have an XT600 tank I'll probably put on it.

A Cycleracks rack is probably in its future as well.
    '87 TW200
    '94 Sportster 1200
    '74 XL70 Frankenbike
    '76 CT90
    '72 CT70
    '72 XL250

It’s hard to list them in the level of favorite, but the progression of how they happened as follows:

1: Bars/risers so you can stand up comfortably. Add ProGrip 714 Rally Grips in at this time as well. Add handguards in at this time too!

2: Larger foot pegs - once you start standing up, you will want larger, more comfortable foot pegs.

3: Suspension: Once you are standing up, riding more spirited, you will quickly find out that your 6-inches of travel is... well, 6-inches of travel.

My bike has an Ricochet skid plate as that came after my spirited riding engaged my crankcase into rocks that exceeded the factory skid plate levels of protection, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust with carb tuning, JNS LED headlamp, CycleRacks rear rack, Shinko 241 front tire.

On my want list:
    1: Seat Concepts
    2: Clarke fuel tank
    3: MORE RIDE TIME!!!!!

You can read all about my bike here on the TW200 forum! https://www.tw200forum.com/#/topics/46265
    Last edited by GCRAD1; 07-15-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Hidden Content 2016-TDUB • Built Suspension • LED Headlamp • FMF Powercore4 • Skid Plate • *fifteen/49 sprockets • EVO Air Footpegs • KX High (108mm) bars •1-1/8 Bar Risers • Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards • 714 Soft Touch Rally Grips • 241 Front Tire • Rear Rack • Front Rack

Here's my bike with all the mods I have done so far:

TW-0000945.jpg

The mods you can't see:
    15 front - 47 rear sprocket
    DID X Ring chain
    Moose Racing Folding shift lever
    Pro Grip 714 Grips - GREAT!
    130 Main Jet, etc.
    Mobil 1 Syn Oil
    Proper oil level in front forks
    Some kind of fancy, schmancy NKG spark plug I can't remember the number.....
    Last edited by sibyrnes; 07-23-2019 at 10:37 PM.
    2017 TW200, 2012 Ducati Multistrada, 2006 Polaris Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by sibyrnes View Post
    Here's my bike with all the mods I have done so far:

TW-0000945.jpg

The mods you can't see:
    15 front - 47 rear sprocket
    DID X Ring chain
    Moose Racing Folding shift lever
    Pro Grip 714 Grips - GREAT!
    130 Main Jet, etc.
    Mobil 1 Syn Oil
    Proper oil level in front forks
    Some kind of fancy, schmancy NKG spark plug I can't remember the number.....
    You said “proper oil level in the front shocks”. Is there an inherent issues with the level that causes shock issues?
    I have a weird clacking noise on small but sharp bumps like dirt road puddle edges.
    It’s very annoying. I can make the noise just cycling the shocks sitting still.
    Wondering if oil level is the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links