Peg change
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Peg change

Peg change

Why do a lot of guy change the stock pegs? I have no issues with mine. I could see if you where taking hits on a mx track where you'd want to spread the impact on the souls of your feet, but hardly anyone rides a TW that way. Especially with the stock shock.
    87 TW

Out here in the West, rough terrain is much more common, and getting your feet bounced off the footpegs is sure to produce the desire to have bigger ones in a hurry. Also, if you spend a considerable amount of time up on the pegs, bigger pegs are more comfortable......we do take hits like a MX track....a very rough MX track, as a matter of course.....except for the jumps....
    NVcowboy likes this.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    Why do a lot of guy change the stock pegs? I have no issues with mine. I could see if you where taking hits on a mx track where you'd want to spread the impact on the souls of your feet, but hardly anyone rides a TW that way. Especially with the stock shock.
    Bigger pegs aren't better, they're just bigger! I guess it depends on what kind of shoes / boots you wear but I like the ones that came with the bike
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I've ordered a pair of Krator FP003 as I read they were recommended by TDubzKid. They haven't arrived yet but I'm anticipating a lot of standing in my future.

IMS Pegs here, I think it was one of the first mods I did to my TW when I bought it almost 11 years ago. Most of my riding is in very rough, rocky areas of the mountains and sometimes the desert. Like someone else said having larger pegs makes it easier for standing and for me gives me some flexibility on where to rest my feet.

One word of caution, two weeks ago I was on a ride with a friend on a TW. My friend collided with another bike, his right-side peg took a direct hit from the front wheel of another MC at-speed on the trail which shattered the cheap Chinese peg he'd been using on his TW. Snapped it right at the mount which made riding it 30 miles home (thankfully only five of them were off-road), well interesting. I'm not sure what brand the cheap pegs were, I can post a pic. Needless to say they've since been replaced by a set of IMS pegs.
    Ken likes this.
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Peg.JPG
    This is the peg which broke-off. Again, no idea on the brand.
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower View Post
    I felt like they were just too small and I am a small guy ... almost feel like mini bike size. They're certainly manageable, but the larger sized pegs definitely make a difference if you're going on dirt/rocky trails. Plus, it only cost me $24 to upgrade. It was a big win and now I could certainly never go back to the stock size.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Like Kev250R, IMS pegs were the first mod within days of getting my TW. I'm short with big feet (11US/45EU) and the extra space is more reassuring while providing more flexibility in where I rest my feet. I did the IMS shifter at the same time to get additional space and to get the shift peg a little further out. Perfect setup for me.

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    I'm thinking I'll buy the IMS pegs now.
    socalnative likes this.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

Replacing the pegs is one of tge cheapest andd easiest ways to improve your riding ability and safwty and comfort and allow you to stand wile riding offroad.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links