ASV Levers Model Years?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ASV Levers Model Years?

ASV Levers Model Years?

So I have small hands and need an adjustable-distance brake lever (and maybe I busted the end of the lever off recently as well besides...) and something I've noticed about the ASV F2 series levers is that they only list model years 2004 TW200 and newer as compatible on both their website and ebay store. For the 03 model there is only a clutch lever listed.

I have a 2003 TDub and I'm not aware of any changes to the stock bars or levers between 03 and 04 that would make any lever or perch suddenly incompatible like that.
    For comparison, the ASV F4 series does have a clutch AND brake lever available for the 03.

Anyone have insight into this?
    I've done a search on adjustable levers already but if you want to make a recommendation in here feel free to do so. I'm also planning to put D-flex handguards on if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Their Applications List shows the model compatibility as far back as 85 to 2019 so what is the truth lol)
    Last edited by ixel; 08-06-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ixel View Post
    So I have small hands and need an adjustable-distance brake lever (and maybe I busted the end of the lever off recently as well besides...) and something I've noticed about the ASV F2 series levers is that they only list model years 2004 TW200 and newer as compatible on both their website and ebay store. For the 03 model there is only a clutch lever listed.

I have a 2003 TDub and I'm not aware of any changes to the stock bars or levers between 03 and 04 that would make any lever or perch suddenly incompatible like that.
    For comparison, the ASV F4 series does have a clutch AND brake lever available for the 03.

Anyone have insight into this?
    I've done a search on adjustable levers already but if you want to make a recommendation in here feel free to do so. I'm also planning to put D-flex handguards on if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Their Applications List shows the model compatibility as far back as 85 to 2019 so what is the truth lol)
    Few weeks ago I put ASV Levers on my 2015. Works great.

Went to put the same levers on my 83 XT200 and only the clutch side will work. The brake side is the older cable version not the hydraulic version like the newer TW's.

I think the ASV levers should work on 2001 and up as I think they upgraded the brakes to hydraulic front disk on 2001's.

I haven't done any research yet if there are ASV type levers for older cable brake handles.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Yup - disc brake only.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 10K miles, decent condition
    04 in great condition

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

An update to this: I sent an email to ASV asking why no brake lever and they didn't realize their website wasn't listing both F2 levers for the TW200 with year models earlier than 04! So there you go lol. The two levers are #CDF209 (Clutch) and #BDF2A1 (Brake) and there should be a bundle but it's hard to tell on their site. Easier to tell on ebay.
    reddave likes this.

$50 a lever? I'll pass.
    reddave and Fred like this.
    2001 Yamaha TW200
    2015 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X

I just received my levers and want to ensure I have the correct brake lever as it doesn't have a recess for the spring nor a threaded hole for the adjustment screw:

IMG_6853.JPG

My presumption is the ASV lever doesn't account for the adjustment screw as it's fixed but I'm stumped on the spring.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyMonkey View Post
    I just received my levers and want to ensure I have the correct brake lever as it doesn't have a recess for the spring nor a threaded hole for the adjustment screw:

IMG_6853.JPG

My presumption is the ASV lever doesn't account for the adjustment screw as it's fixed but I'm stumped on the spring.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Just heard from Vince Le at ASV and no adjustment screw or spring required for ASV levers.

Thanks for the heads up I have been looking for this info. Not too thrilled about the price either, but what can you do. FunkyMonkey - do you think those ASV's feel like they are well made, solid units?
    1987 Yamaha TW200

Quote Originally Posted by reddave View Post
    Thanks for the heads up I have been looking for this info. Not too thrilled about the price either, but what can you do. FunkyMonkey - do you think those ASV's feel like they are well made, solid units?
    Hey reddave. Sorry for the slow reply.

I've used ASV's with great success in the past and can confirm you are getting a quality, made in the USA product straight outta Huntington Beach, CA. The F2's aren't too bad at $100 set especially considering the quality and the ability to adjust them. You can order them direct or via eBay. As mentioned, follow-up service was excellent.

I was trying to keep all my TW upgrades to being functional (vs. bling) but went ahead and purchased the ASVs as my initial bling purchase. Now that I have them adjusted to my preferences, I'll conclude this was also a functional upgrade! Having the clutch lever a little closer to the bars works well for me.

A side note: I'm also a fan of ASV because they were founded and are owned by Bob Morales, a pioneer in the world of BMX freestyle back in the late 70s, early 80s. Bob went on to be instrumental in MX in SoCal after BMX.

Thanks, Monkey! Made in the USA will seal the deal for me! I'm after two-finger control in order to maintain a firmer grip on the bars during rough trails. Plus I discovered yesterday that my clutch perch is actually cracked - so ASL's are next on the list for reddave...
    1987 Yamaha TW200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links