Wiseco Piston Circlip - Something doesn't seem right? Check it out ;-)
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RTG
  • 2 Post By jeepster09
  • 1 Post By RTG
  • 1 Post By RTG

Thread: Wiseco Piston Circlip - Something doesn't seem right? Check it out ;-)

Wiseco Piston Circlip - Something doesn't seem right? Check it out ;-)

So I'm assembling my engine with a freshly bored cylinder ( 70 MM ) to fit a Wiseco piston model # 4312M07000 and I was test fitting it together when I noticed it looks like the wrist pin is too long, only by a hair. The wrist pin sets in the groove on one side BUT not on the other side, you can see in the pics, look at the distance between the ends of the circlip...

I know other people here are running this piston, and am curious if anyone else had this same issue?

Let me know what you guys think? Perhaps I am missing something or? Thx for any insights on this :-)

Here is the one that is seated properly

Wiseco Piston Circlip 2 by Todd Giordanella, on Flickr

Here is the other side, where the writst pin is just slightly too long and I can not get the circlip to set into the alotted groove

Wiseco Piston Circlip 1 by Todd Giordanella, on Flickr
    Ken likes this.
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

b92e5fe91b32789c990e4ac8c54f5a01.jpgTry "lightly" tapping it into place with small punch. If it don't go don't force it. I have had wrist pin snap rings be stubborn at times. Next step would be to call Weisco; they make different styles and thickness ones. Both flat and round wire.
    I actually used to use teflon buttons on my wrist pins.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ken and Fred like this.
    "Life Member NRA"

Assuming you are using a new wrist pin. Try tapping the original pin in to seat the clip on that side.
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker!

2005 BMWR12GS Rock Red 106k miles
    2013 TW200 - 8k- miles
    2018 X-MAX - 6k- miles

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Guys. Jeepster those teflon buttons look cool, I've never seen those before?

I actually did just that Shag, I used the old wrist pin to try to set the circlip in place, to no avail. I'll contact Wiseco and see what they say....
    Fred likes this.
    "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a motorcycle"

Spiral Locks are best [other than teflon buttons]. The round wire are the poorest choice.
    "Life Member NRA"

Good point Jeepster, time to upgrade to Spiral Locks, getting the round wire clips in and out is such a PITA! HaHa! I actually emailed Wiseco this morning and by the time I got home from work they had responded and noting that I can send them the pics, I sent them the same pics I have here on the thread. Looking forward to seeing what they say...

In all honesty I just can't imagine something from Wiseco being off like this? I mean, the wrist pin I have is definitely too long, there is no way I'll be able to get anything into that groove...
    Last edited by RTG; 08-13-2019 at 05:58 PM.

I herd from Wiseco on Friday, Leah said she sent the pics to a tech and she's just waiting to hear back....

In the meantime, this weekend I threw the wrist pin in the freezer overnight, thinking it might shrink ever so slightly, enabling me to get the clip in properly. Didn't work :-(

I was thinking, even if I had spiral locks or another style, the actual "groove" any type of lock sits in is not exposed, the wrist pin covers it up.....

Hopefully Wiseco will have some solutions, fingers crossed! I'm ready to get my engine back together!
    Last edited by RTG; Today at 12:12 PM.
    Purple likes this.

Sponosred Links