Decals (Tank & Other) Project - What Year Graphics Do You Covet?
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By vivrance
  • 2 Post By vivrance
  • 1 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Purple
  • 1 Post By tylermoney
  • 1 Post By tylermoney
  • 1 Post By Tiny-Wheel-200

Thread: Decals (Tank & Other) Project - What Year Graphics Do You Covet?

Lightbulb Decals (Tank & Other) Project - What Year Graphics Do You Covet?

Hello! (this is my first post after lurking here for a month plus) I have a project bouncing around in my head and I feel confident y'all would be able to give me some needed feedback.

In one of the Yamaha TW200 Facebook groups I linked up with a Sri Lankan TW rider who was looking for a specific (rare) year of graphic - 2004 Japanese 225. I assume they are nearly or completely impossible to actually get your hands on so I had a thought: I could recreate this art with some decent reference photos in Adobe Illustrator and try printing it myself for him. Fun project that puts my dayjob skills to use for some TW riders.

I'm aware that this is a legally grey (at best) area but I would enjoy recreating other years as well for anyone looking to replace or change up their graphics. Since these would be vector art files, I could put any color you want in there, while maintaining the original design.

So my question is: What year(s) graphics have you always wanted on your bike if you could readily get any (and in any color)?

Follow up: I noticed that graphics seem pretty hard to come by for some years, did some digging around online and partzilla/yamahamotorhouse have some but certainly not all graphics. For those who have bought decals for their bike - What has been your experience acquiring graphics up until now?
    CJ7Pilot likes this.
    2018 TW200 - My First Hidden Content

first-wip-2004-jpn-225.png
    Only just getting started. this design won't be an easy one due to the layering/transparency
    CJ7Pilot and Donzo like this.

How about recreating the Speedblock over yellow like from my '82 YZ250G? I always like that look and think it would look good on a TW for a retro-look. yz t50g.jpg Requires a re-paint. Graphics can already be had from ENGLAND but seem somewhat pricy
    vivrance likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

From what I can gather, the guy is offering anything you can come up with - a lot of us have been struggling with the originals, let alone any modifications

To the OP - welcome to the board, your talents are sorely needed here ....
    Darth and vivrance like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Graphics can already be had from ENGLAND but seem somewhat pricy
    Any time you're ready for a trade deal ......
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Worth looking through this thread, as it showcases ALL the years. My favs are generally the Japanese only 225s. So awesome. I do like a lot of the TW schemes though. I have the 2019, and though I don't necessarily plan on changing it up anytime soon, I do plan on finishing a YamaSkull project I started a few months back and adding to the current scheme.

Anywho @vivrance, this is great reference for recreating if you wanted to play around with some.

https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/gen...ollection.html
    vivrance likes this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Thanks tylermoney, I've definitely gone thru that thread a couple times to get me up to speed on the art through the years. Very useful to have it all one place like that. Tracking down high resolution photos of some years has proven difficult. P.S. How's the riding in the hill country? I would assume a lot more interesting and pretty than what we have to offer in NTX. Any particular spots I should check out?

And yeah Purple, thats the gist of it. I figure more people would be interested if they can change the color of one aspect or another of the graphic. Also wondering about doing some magnet runs, could be fun to just slap a different year art on there for a ride or semi-permanently. Would protect the original graphic underneath as well with low commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    How about recreating the Speedblock over yellow like from my '82 YZ250G? I always like that look and think it would look good on a TW for a retro-look. Requires a re-paint. Graphics can already be had from ENGLAND but seem somewhat pricy
    I definitely want to do a speedblock look specifically for TWs at some point, glad i'm not the only one who thinks that would look good.

Quote Originally Posted by vivrance View Post
    Thanks tylermoney, I've definitely gone thru that thread a couple times to get me up to speed on the art through the years. Very useful to have it all one place like that. Tracking down high resolution photos of some years has proven difficult. P.S. How's the riding in the hill country? I would assume a lot more interesting and pretty than what we have to offer in NTX. Any particular spots I should check out?

And yeah Purple, thats the gist of it. I figure more people would be interested if they can change the color of one aspect or another of the graphic. Also wondering about doing some magnet runs, could be fun to just slap a different year art on there for a ride or semi-permanently. Would protect the original graphic underneath as well with low commitment.
    Yea, finding high res for most of them will be near impossible, but many of the photos should do to get "close enough" in regards to recreating I would think.

Riding in the Hill Country is great. Out towards Marble Falls there are numerous windy roads, then all around Lake Travis (basically all around 2222). I will say you just have to be prepared on the route towards Marble Falls (RMR 1431), as the TW could be devoured by the many big TX pickups that don't really care about anyone but themselves as they just plow around corners/etc. It's not quite as bad closer into town/2222 area heading towards Lake Travis as it's more in the city as less "country pickup" land. Anywho. Plenty of fun riding around.
    vivrance likes this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

I like the 94 to 97 vaporware aesthetic but I thought about doung an old school black and yellow for my big wheel bike to match the cor of tge tri z 250 donor bike I used for the front end

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk
    vivrance likes this.

Sponosred Links