6 plate clutch options
Close

6 plate clutch options

was there a writeup about installing a 6 plate clutch setup in the tock tw,

i purchased a complete 6 plate clutch and basket from an 1987 tt225 and wondering if i can use it,,,,

Unless you also get the TTR225 right ride cover the assembly will be a little too wide for the stock TW right side cover unless you shave cover and trim bolt on clutch assembly as TW-Brian pointed out in the thread about using PlacerLode's output shaft extension for mating a XT or TTR engine in a TW frame. It should be possible, just not a simple plug-n-play...do yourself a favor and get the TTR right side cover.

#242 Right Engine Clutch Cover Case Yamaha Serow XT 225 XT225 1992-2000

Last edited by Fred; 08-27-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I am not familiar with the TT225 engine, but it appears to be a different animal than the TW200/TTR225/XT225 engines.

I do not think that the 6-plate clutch baskets from the TTR225/XT225 engines will be a direct bolt up onto a TW200 engine as I believe that the splines on the shaft that the clutch baskets mate to are different.

That's all I got.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

i remember someone posting about the tt225 hub having the same splines, ect thats why i bought it, but me and the search function are not finding it,

since i have it i was gonna install it till i get a shaft extension and install a xt225 engine, probably dont need it right now, but the big atv tire and the areas i elk hunt with 13-65 gears is hell on the clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Unless you also get the TTR225 right ride cover the assembly will be a little too wide for the stock TW right side cover unless you shave cover and trim bolt on clutch assembly as TW-Brian pointed out in the thread about using PlacerLode's output shaft extension for mating a XT or TTR engine in a TW frame. It should be possible, just not a simple plug-n-play...do yourself a favor and get the TTR right side cover.

#242 Right Engine Clutch Cover Case Yamaha Serow XT 225 XT225 1992-2000

i looked at that cover, is the kickstart hole the right diameter, i see it has a plug in it

Quote Originally Posted by 300stw View Post
    .......... with 13-65 gears is hell on the clutch
    13/65 should be easy on the clutch.

Get a Barnett Kevlar clutch.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sorry, thought it was a TTR, not TT clutch pack under consideration. My mistake, know naught of TT engines.
    However am surprised to hear of the overworked clutch. While I'm not dragging elk carcasses my 13 x 55 gearing seems to haul my carcass without complaint up many a sustained ascent. Maybe 300stw's steep trails are steeper than my idea of "steep".

Kickstater hole's knock-out receives an oil seal prior to kick starter installation. Presumes case has corresponding machining for other end of kicker shaft.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links