Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By TeeDoubleUTwoHundred
  • 1 Post By TeeDoubleUTwoHundred

Thread: How To Remove ACERBIS Logo - Easily

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar

How To Remove ACERBIS Logo - Easily

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred; 08-28-2019 at 01:22 PM. Reason: potential [email protected]
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

I wonder what the active ingredient is....some type of solvent?

Ethanol and propylene based chemicals...I imagine most department store thinners would do the same. Methyl hydrate maybe?

I'll try and get a pic of the ingredients tomorrow. I got that can of Goof Off at Home Depot. It also works great on dried latex paint. I had a few blobs on the floor and it wiped right up.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Effective yet toxic in long run plus obnoxious residue GoofOff should be used with care.
    Goof Off Professional Strength Miracle Remover

See:

Graffiti/Stain Remov...

Brand: Goof Off

Company: W.M. Ba...

Asthma/Respiratory

Moderate Concern

Skin Allergies &
    Irritation

Some Concern

Developmental &
    Reproductive Toxicity

Some Concern

Cancer

High Concern

Environment

Low Concern

How does it rate: Scores for similar cleaners ranged from F to F. Search for a better Graffiti/Stain Remover

Top Scoring Factors: Poor disclosure; May contain ingredients with potential for damage to DNA; cancer; respiratory effects

Ingredient Disclosure: poor

Green Certified:
    NO

Print

Share on:

Product ingredients

Known Ingredients

Ingredient

Health, Environment,
    and Disclosure Concerns

Score

ETHYLBENZENE

Moderate Concern: cancer, damage to hearing, kidney and urinary effects, general systemic/organ effects; Some Concern: damage to DNA, respiratory effects, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, nervous system effects, acute aquatic toxicity, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

F

PETROLEUM GASES, LIQUEFIED, SWEETENED

High Concern: damage to DNA, cancer; Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, general systemic/organ effects

F

BUTOXYDIGLYCOL

Moderate Concern: respiratory effects; Some Concern: damage to vision, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects

Concerns from [ETHYLENE OXIDE]: Some Concern: cancer, developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, damage to DNA, respiratory effects, nervous system effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision, general systemic/organ effects

Concerns from [1,4-DIOXANE]: Some Concern: cancer, digestive system effects, respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage

D

KEROSENE (PETROLEUM), HYDROTREATED

Moderate Concern: general systemic/organ effects

D

ACETONE

Moderate Concern: nervous system effects, blood-related effects; Some Concern: respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

D

XYLENE

Some Concern: general systemic/organ effects, respiratory effects, skin irritation/allergies/damage, damage to vision

C

PROPANE

C

ISOBUTANE

Concerns from [BUTADIENE]: Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, cancer, damage to DNA

C

BUTANE

Concerns from [BUTADIENE]: Some Concern: developmental/endocrine/reproductive effects, cancer, damage to DNA

C

However it does remove the label making those $75 dollar guards look just like the $25 Chinese clones.
    Personally I prefer Acetone with protective gloves used outdoors for this label removing task.

2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

When any company pays me to advertise, I will.

EDIT - No disrespect to ACERBIS !!!

I would not have bought them if I didn't believe they sell quality products. I also bought one of their fenders. I have no complaints.

Could a moderator please delete this thread.
    Last edited by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred; 08-28-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Credit to ACERBIS in that they actually have a molding plant in the United States unlike many American firms that either third world out-source their manufacturing or move entire business and tax liabilities overseas.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

I guess my point was;

1) anyone who had the guards, but the logo was all scratched up and not looking so good, they could do what they saw fit.
    2) me personally, I remove all tags and logos from the stuff I buy/wear. Including the TW - no branding, anywhere.
    3) i didn't want to have weird conversations about "what kind of bike is a "Ah Sir Biss"
    4) i believe in the "less is more" train of thought.
    5) I just don't like writing on my bike - I even covered up the "TW 200" on my tank sides - no shame, just ask me what I ride!
    Trail Woman likes this.

Sponosred Links