1999 TW build
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mykdee

Thread: 1999 TW build

1999 TW build

So I bought a 1999 TW200 about a month ago for $1500, I really was not ready to buy a TW again but couldn't pass up the price! So it has 7,000 miles and it initially needed the carb rebuilt, I had it for about 2 weeks and decided I did not want to deal with repairs and posted it up for sale.

Fast forward to last week, after having about 5 people come look at it I decided selling it would be a bad idea. So I figured lets spend some money and build a nice trail/camping/hunting rig!!

When I first bought it, I had to put new tires on it. Went with Kenda front and a Bridgestone factory rear. I also added a set of Protaper ATV Hi bars and some Acerbis Pro Rallye handguards. That's when I decided to sell/NOT sell!

After deciding to keep it, I had to adjust the valves and I picked up a brand NEW factory Yamaha Carb, and Seat Concepts carbon fiber seat,Thanks Placerlode!
    I then went onto Procycles website (always a bad idea) and started spending money. Order the rear tail light kit, Supermoto fender kit, Jet upgrade kit, black fork boots and the 70KG fork springs.
    I also ordered the new TUSK rear rack, which I have owned both a Cyclerack and a ManRack for my previous TW's and I have to say, for $120 it is by far the best choice for a rear rack!!

Next I will be adding a Kolpin Stronghold XL, so I can carry my AR when I am out scouting camping and hunting spots. JNS headlight with some extra led pods for night driving.

I am looking for a good deal on a FMF or DG exhaust with silencer. So let me know if anyone has one they don't need.

Pics of it when I bought it. Then when I decided to sell and the way it is as of tonight.
    Ken likes this.

I really like the Tusk rack, myself. Just the right size and very sturdy.
    1987 Yamaha TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Well...something has come up and it will now be for sale.

Sponosred Links