Which exhaust pipe
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which exhaust pipe

Which exhaust pipe

Considering a new pipe. FMF or DG? I know an aftermarket pipe will be a little louder but hopefully not obnoxious. Any experience with easy install or performance gains out there? Thanks.
    Dirtjet
    Darth likes this.

I personally have the DG and like it a lot. A buddy has the FMF, very similar sound, just make sure you get the silencer cores. Without the silencers they sre both way to loud imo..
    I think the FMF is a better looking pipe, but again very similar with sound and seat of panties power increase
    Darth likes this.

I went with the FMF. I haven’t seen the silencer cores as an option. Do you have a link?
    Thanks.
    Dirtjet

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Michael Bryce Winnick's Avatar
    I have the DG. The 1.25 inch silencer makes it change in tone from oem, but not loudness. FMF and DG are distinctions without a difference. A rejet is in order. After I slid my pipe on I was popping and snapping and could not idle. My test drive was an immediate beating on a one track for about 60 miles. I was running pretty lean. Dennis Kirk is great to deal with. The install is about 20 minutes.
    redriderjf87 likes this.

I put a Chinese carb on last month and it’s running great now. I’m in the process of rebuilding the stock carb. I live at 2800 feet elevation and spend a lot of time at 5800 feet elevation. I’m assuming the stock jet is a .125 so I’ll try a .130 jet with the FMF pipe. I ordered a silencer on Amazon so the install wont happen till late next week. Did you raise the needle in your carb too? The jet in the stock carb was a .118 and it ran fine. I going to pull the owl off of the Chinese carb and check the jet size today. Thanks.
    Dirtjet

I've got the DG. Tis just dandy. I honestly think you can't really go wrong with either. Pick the one you think looks better, and you'll be fine I am sure.
    Darth likes this.
    2019 Yamaha TW200
    - DGv2 Slip On
    - Custom Oil Cooler
    - Manracks Seat Rack
    - Ricochet Skid Plate
    - Oversizzed Footpegs
    - Cycra ProBend Handguards

1973 Yamaha RD350
    - In pieces in my garage Hidden Content

Here is a link for a silencer for the FMF.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...xhaust-inserts
    littletommy likes this.

Thanks for the link.

With the FMF at least, even the spark arrestor makes a noticeable difference to volume. It's pretty loud as is, but remove the screen and the bark gets even a bit sharper, too loud for my taste, especially with the cam and extra compression which ups the bark factor a bit also. I think the low end runs a little smoother with the screen in place also, seat of pants can't tell any difference to top end. I'm guessing it flows well more than the engine can really make use of considering the exact same size muffler is used for much larger and more powerful engines also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtjet View Post
    I went with the FMF. I haven’t seen the silencer cores as an option. Do you have a link?
    Thanks.
    Dirtjet
    https://procycle.us/product/227-quie...nd-powercore-4
    "Life Member NRA"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links