Is Blaster Shock Safe?!?!
Close

Just got my hands on a Blaster shock... How safe is it??? I heard that you shouldn't mix springs and shocks... Put Tdub spring on Blaster shock...also heard there might be chain problems... Chain might fall off because of looseness and angle of sprockets... Then need to modify front forks to match raise in seat height... Don't want to kill myself on trails... Is it worth the hassle of adding a Blaster shock????????????

Lots of info in Mrgizmow's shock sticky. http://tw200forum.co...144-rear-shock/

Another blaster thread https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...h__1#entry4060

Sample

"Blaster shocks makes nosebleed suspension height increase. May cause interference between rear brake rod and passenger pegs. Drastically affects trail, may require taller front end, depending on intended use. Upper bushing requires sleeving to use TW mounting bolt. Despite its length, factory-limited travel only midway between stock shock and Banshee. Potentially the best ride quality across the board of the 3 (in stock form) due to spring design, but this spring may be too soft intitially when used with restricted travel.

Newbies need to understand that a 2" longer shock does not result in a 2" taller bike. Rather, it results in a 5"-6" taller bike, but only in the rear (swingarm 'leverage ratio' @ 3/1 davedyno) . This shortens your wheelbase and brings your front forks more nearly vertical, which among other things can result in twitchy handling and poor impact absorption up front. Everthang affects some other thang."

PM Brock or Catamount, they are blaster users.

The setup works great for me. I don't jump and mine is for looks and use. I rode the blaster previous to the hybrid (with a terrible steep rake) and the shock works great. I actually put some miles with some speed on it and I loved it. I can't wait to ride the TDub with the new hybrid forks. It should be great.

I suffered no disrepencies with the brake arm...I did buy another chain because the stock wasn't very good. No big problems at all.

Unless you are doing doubles or triples, the stock, blaster or banshee should be fine.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Brock - did you experience 5-6" height increase? This is too much, I really should sell the blaster shock and find a banshee if that's the case. The wife wants to learn to ride the TW and she's a shorty, but the stock suspension is completely whippppped and needs to be replaced with something else. I already did the hybrid forks in anticipation of the blaster shock but forgot how tall it is said to make it. Any before/after pics or input would be cool
    ITCB

I am not sure what the increase was. I added the blaster shock nearly 2 years ago. I am also 6'3. Heck I rode the TDub on two separate rides with the back way up on the air. When I ride the bike now it rides perfect. Just about level. The way I like it. If your wife is shorter, I'd stay with a banshee shock. I do remember the stocker working just fine too. I just wanted to change my bike for cosmetic reasons and plus add some travel

I have several pics posted. Just look for my posts. Most of them are more recent than Jan 1st and easy to find.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Sponosred Links