Cycleracks install
Close

Cycleracks install

Well after reading many many reviews on racks I went with the Cycleracks. Sounds like one can’t go wrong with any of the top 3. Now I notice it’s a little more karate leg raising on and off. This is coming from a new guy never having a rack before. So anyone ever get pinned or hung up on one when dropping the bike? Any advice on what size fuel canister you can put under the sides? I think I saw the 1.5 liter ones. Went on quick. It comes seriously plastic wrapped like someone is playing a prank on you. Waiting in line at legoland so sorry for my rambling.

Working on my pizza Uber delivery
    Attached Images Attached Images

It all depends upon what you want to carry on a rear rack. Yes, the large platform racks such as your CR do make getting on and off a little harder and yes, if you drop the bike you will want to bail off and away from the bike so you don't get pinned.
    There are smaller profile racks that fit the TW but they don't have the weight carrying capacity of the CR or other large platform racks.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good choice. I have same rack on my TW and a Manrack on my XR250. Both quality products.
    Because the Cyclerack hangs out so far it can have a "Guillotine effect" as they call it if your leg happens to be caught behind you in a fall. With the much thinner and rear fender-sized Manrack that doesn't happen. However you get the full force and weight of the bike on you instead and would usually lose a turn signal too. So you decide which is worse?

On the positive side the front & rear Cyclerack does act as a sort of body armor too. Don't overload it, it's tube steel so sensitive to weight and vibration no matter how well you think you've balanced your load. Some forum members have beefed up and welded extra structure.

No frills early-on in ownership:
    IMG_5652.JPG

I used to carry two (2) of these, one tied to each side or the rack when hitting the trails. But in reality I've only "needed' to use one of them one time and it was to help out another rider. I like these MSR's with the Wolfman carryalls because I can swap them from bike-to-bike easily or even to my 6 foot dingy with its 2.5 Yamaha outboard motor.
    Some folks store them in tool-tubes under the rack in the same position. But I like fuel out in the open, personal choice:
    IMG_5656.JPG

Nowadays I'm just commuting every once and awhile on the TW, kinda retired her from the dirt. So I need a good strong and waterproof lockable box.
    Nothing better than a Pelican. I added Bungee-Buddies up top for small items. There are limitless tie-down options with the Cyclerack depending how you want to use it:
    IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

Those wolf man bottle holders and the case look great. I had a cheap army backpack from a gun show I wasn’t using. I strapped that sucker on the back. It also had a fanny hip pack on it and it fit almost perfect on the handlebars. I need to take a pic. I took a spill like a month ago left ankle. In desert. This time I went for it again. Dropped it. But I did jump bail away. Prob mostly due to I don’t want to hurt ankle when it’s still not 100 percent yet. Used the cycle rack as a grip I’m so glad I have that bag on the back for short store “excuse” runs. Still have to get to town but that means only a mile on the 40 but if it’s an incline I’m gonna max out at 50 mph. Hmmm subject change in there

Side pic of bags
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Backlund View Post
    Working on my pizza Uber delivery
    Wade, from his look and smile, I do believe you will have to give up the TW in a few short years. That young man has designs on that thing already!

Marty
    '16 Yamaha TW200 '08 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad '07 Kawasaki KLX250 '93 BMW R100GS Bumblebee (Mothballed)
    '99 Tacoma SR5 4WD '58 Willys CJ5 '90's Honda 4514 hydro riding mower '90's Honda 5013 compact tractor 4WD & 4W Steering

Sponosred Links