15/47 anyone run this?
Close

If you have this set up, please tell me your thoughts. I have read every sprocket post on this form and no one ever said much about this set up and I would like to know your guys thoughts. I would like to know how much slower the bike runs and how much it affected the low end. I have looked at all the charts and read up on the mechanical side of this set up, but I am looking for some real life input. Thanks everyone!
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

How heavy are you? Whats your elevation? What type of riding do you do? I ran 15/47 on a road trip once and it was ok as long as there was no head wind. What is nice is that 4th will still run 60+mph if you hit and uphill. If your over 150lbs, high elevation or doing much trail riding i would say no. I have ran 14/47 and 15/50. They are so close you cant tell the difference but either one is a decent all-around gear. If the engine noise bothers you where ear plugs. It sounds better. A 45t would be a good gear if

Your not offroading your tw.

Quote Originally Posted by Small's View Post
    How heavy are you? Whats your elevation? What type of riding do you do? I ran 15/47 on a road trip once and it was ok as long as there was no head wind. What is nice is that 4th will still run 60+mph if you hit and uphill. If your over 150lbs, high elevation or doing much trail riding i would say no. I have ran 14/47 and 15/50. They are so close you cant tell the difference but either one is a decent all-around gear. If the engine noise bothers you where ear plugs. It sounds better. A 45t would be a good gear if

Your not offroading your tw.

I am in low elevation (Wisconsin) 250lbs, and I do mostly street riding but would like to be able to go 55-60 on a couple hour trip if need be.
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

+1 the 15/50 I just changed mine over a little happier on the street but still has some grunt, I'm 5'11" 225lbs. carts me around fine.
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Getting a bunch of opinions will either leave you utterly confused or you'll find a consensus which matches what direction you want to go sprocket wise. I have a dual rear sprocket setup and can run 14/50 or 14/55. I use the 14/50 for most of my street riding and have since I bought the TW and I routinely ride between 60-65 and I'm heavier than you. Oops I should go on a diet. Anyway, for your purpose 14/47 would be just fine also.

Plus, if you do change from stock, it's much easier to change the rear sprocket than it is the front and I've done both. Ultimately your doing something for you so you can have fun riding. And that's what it's all about.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Sponosred Links