Velcro Seat?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Velcro Seat?

So...this was pretty easy. I love the hitch pin mod but I wanted to go even more minimalist on this bike. So I did away completely with attaching hardware on the seat. All It took was a little adhesive velcro in just the right spots and just like that the seat is totally remoable by hand. And I promise you it is held on tight. I firmly believe that if I cartwheeled this bike the engine would come off before the seat would. (yea right!). Anyway heres what I did.

First buy some adhesive Velcro brand Hook and Pile.

Clean the area where you are applying the velcro well with 3m pad and alcohol and by the time it adheres it will only come off with the assistance of pliers. A little on the seat.

And a little on the center cross bar, getting this cross member down to bare metal helps adhesion but is not required imho.

Theres no need for surgical precision, velcro works well.

As an added side effect I am now able to shimmy the seat fwd far enough to eliminate any gap at the tank. snug and fast.

Seat removal and installation is literally a 3 second job now that does not require bending at the waist.

Kinda silly but I thought you guys would like it. I rode it all over town and the seat didnt even budge, you would think it was welded on.
    Persistence is the better part of genius.

Thats a pretty good idea. Nice job.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Another great option for securing the seat! Very creative. Thanks for posting up.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by B-dub View Post
    Another great option for securing the seat! Very creative. Thanks for posting up.
    If im being honest I was inspired to do this because I goofed up pretty bad when I was grinding the frame tabs. Dumbly cut off the seat mount feet thinking that I could bend the seat down to hide more frame and use hose clamps, bad mistake. But mistakes are the inspiration for many creative ideas I guess.

you only 'goofed up' if you can't fix it. Brillant!
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Creative indeed!....good job.

Nicely done!

I used Velcro to mount the seat on my street tracker and as you say, it doesn't come off!

But it is easy to peel it off when you want to.
    James

Attitude =

The difference between

Ordeal and Adventure

I haven't used the rear mount bolts to hold down the seat for years, mainly because my gas tank position won't allow it without doing some other trimming or mod. Of which I'm too lazy to try and figure it out. The rear of my seat is usually held down by the cargo net bungee. . . and Georgie!

But, your velcro seat idea has got me thinking on how to mount my power outlet receptacle!
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    I haven't used the rear mount bolts to hold down the seat for years, mainly because my gas tank position won't allow it without doing some other trimming or mod. Of which I'm too lazy to try and figure it out. The rear of my seat is usually held down by the cargo net bungee. . . and Georgie!

But, your velcro seat idea has got me thinking on how to mount my power outlet receptacle!
    I spent most of 2011 on A big metal boat. The living conditions are....cramped. I learned to love Velcro that year. Its like sleeping in a coffin. Anyway I learned that absolutely anything can be mounted safely with Velcro so long as you can find enough surface area. Sometimes the oldest technologies are the greatest.

Like it!
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links