Short levers
Close

Thread: Short levers

Has anyone installed short brake and clutch levers on their TW200? What do you have?

Only info I could find on it....

Old post by Solomoriah

"

According to the Thumpertalk.com parts store OEM listing, these are the part numbers for the TW200 levers:

Brake Lever 55Y-83922-00-00 LEVER R

Clutch Lever 4GY-83912-00-00 LEVER L

Boats.net has this handy cross-reference listing for the brake lever:

http://www.boats.net...3922-00-00.html

and this to say about the clutch lever:

http://www.boats.net...3912-00-00.html

I've already found a Moose Racing shorty lever for the clutch side, but for some strange reason they only sell shorties for the clutch, not the brake; dunno about the current units, but the classic DeHandlers were designed for three-finger braking and two-finger clutching, and that's what I'd like to find (if possible).

Apparently, the brake lever was a standard part used throughout the off-road Yamaha lineup in the '80s, but now is only found on the TW, XT, and TTR lines... which, evidently, aren't interesting to Sunline. They did make a brake lever for the YZ series that would be compatible, but likely they last made them circa 1990 or so. To get one, I'll have to find a NOS, probably on eBay.

The clutch is much easier; as mentioned by xracer, the current YZ85 still uses this lever, so aftermarket vendors (Sunline, Moose, etc.) still make and/or sell them."

Then Fourcycle had this to add

Longer lever = more mechanical advantage. I need all the brake I can get on the TW and would not opt for a shorter lever.

Even though several will fit in the perches, typically most of the shorty levers listed for the YZ's and other dirt-only models lack the center blade which operate the brake switch and clutch safety switch.

Of course that is also true of a lot of the normal length ones, as well.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks or the replies, I had found the old post above last night. I bought a set of Parts Unlimited "short" levers and the brake adjusting screw hits the m/c plunger on the edge instead of the middle, not acceptable for my taste and they were only about 3/4" shorter. I'm on the hunt for a true two finger set. I think ASV may have something but I was hoping for a less expensive option..

I'm sure there are other "after market" levers out there, but I found/bought a shorty lever for my Yammy WR250R last year. It's made by "Righteous Stunt Metal" http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com The levers are made in different lengths and colors; 1 finger, 2 finger, and XL. And, yes the levers are made stunt bikes, but they work great for dirt or dual sport. The Righteous lever changes the leverage and action point or position of the clutch engagement and is now much easier to "feather the clutch." And, the smoothness and ease of movement are unbelievable. They're not cheap, but they have a life time warranty and I wouldn't be without it now. I'm now starting to think about doing it to the TW. In fact, I had a broken lever on the TW so I'm using the stock perch and lever from my WRR on the TW right now and it works fine. But once again, the clutch engagement position is out at the end of travel. But it works for now.

Sponosred Links