Anyone using cycleracks panniers?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Looks like they may be a reasonable route to go. Be nice to hear some reports on how well they work.

I have not tried them yet, but I am very interested in them. I hope someone writes, because I love my cyclerack.
    2010 TW - Easton bars & clamps, cyclerack (black), jimbo shield, acerbis steel gaurds, atv seat pad, custom skid plat, more upgrades soon

for a few dollars more, I can more than double your load capacity. TIM
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

They work. I think the the metal needs to be a bit thicker. I bent one on back in October. Here is a link to what i did with my panniers. https://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...__1#entry51487 If your going to be doing any off-roading with much weight on them i would suggest making som kind of brace just to keep them from swaying. Other than that they have been good so far.

Resurrecting an old thread but I really like mine. I have a double Kolpin fuel can setup on one and a Pelican case on the other. I've been using it for commuting the last couple weeks and having a ball with it.
    1989 TW200

2003 Triumph Bonneville

2003 BMW F650GS

Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates.

Arleigh Burke

I have them and find they work fine. It's a little wide. I'd suggest a solid crossmember setup instead of the strap.

I really like the fact that they are locked on when I have my top case in place.

--
    Richard (a.k.a. LiquidSilver)

91 TW200 / 03 VRSCA / 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 / Honda Helix CN250
    Richard (a.k.a. LiquidSilver)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

91 TW200 aka "The Mule" :-)

03 VRSCA / 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 / Honda Helix CN250[/color]

i have a cycle rack and it is an awesome rack, and they have great customer service. however i also can vouch for tinman tim's work. i bought his panniers, i put 2000 miles on his and they worked great. he also was a big help and went above and beyond to get me set up.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Old resurrection, but has anyone actually used the Cyclerack panniers they sell?

These guys?

They're expensive, but I'm considering. They're other stuff is good, and I don't mind paying if they're going to last forever.

you said it. They're expensive, and in my opinion small. You're $, spend it how you want
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Quote Originally Posted by tinman tim View Post
    you said it. They're expensive, and in my opinion small. You're $, spend it how you want
    According to their website, they have a lifetime warranty which is pretty good for a set of panniers. I've holed a few cheapies over the years, and now want quality soft bags.

Compared to soft bags from Andy Strapz, Giant Loop etc they're actually cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links