slowly but surely...
Close

Got home tonight and the "do something" bug bit, so I started the process of painting the TW. Still need to install the XT350 tank, seen on the seat. Also need to paint the headlight cover plastic, and at some point get rid of the silver on the handlebars, frame, etc. The only real mechanical bit I still need to do is install the kickstart kit which is sitting in a bag with all parts.

Eventually I'll start racking the brain on options like a rifle rack, quick change storage, etc.

Thanks to all on the forum for the many ideas and inspiration to not let this thing sit in factory configuration.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

I like the colour, is it a light flat green ? What kind of paint did you use ?

It's more tan with green accents. Started with a grey auto primer, and then did the main coat with that sandy textured paint from Walmart, the darker tan. Finished with chaotic stripes from Krylon's Camo line using the olive and light green. The actual painting took mere minutes. As we've found with camoing our rifles, the best camo is quick and without much thought, always eschewing black.

The dark lighting in the garage makes the color look a little off. I'll throw up some pics in the sunlight when it's all said and done.

I'm also thinking about taking the seat to an upholstery shop and getting some padding added and the cover changed to an earth tone. I plan to do that after I install the new tank in case I have to do cutting of the seat to fit.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

Sponosred Links