TW200 BRAT
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TW200 BRAT

Hey

I purchased a 94 tw200 about 2 weeks ago and since then have been researching about turning it into a jap style street tracker.

Living in Sydney, the Deus shop have sparked me with the motivation try tackle a custom myself. As the shop probably does to most people.

Here are some photos.

Haven't done much as of yet besides research and ordering some parts.

I have an extended swing arm, brooklands fender, fender eliminator, new chain and some grips on the way from japan.

I'm about to purchase a air box removal kit which will reduce the size of the battery. Which means to start the bike I'm going to have to use the kick start, which i have a bit of trouble with at the moment.

It kicks fine when its warm but when cold i cant get it started, do i just require persistence and power?

Here is a photo of my carb, i've looked in the manual but cant find out what the red pull does im sure its associated with the kick start but what is it called and exactly what does it do? (sorry about the poor image quality)

Should be a few weeks before the parts from japan arrive but will update as often as possible.

Thanks a lot

Harry.

not sure about the red plug, mine has it too... in black. deus makes some sick looking bikes, no lack of inspiration from them.

btw: your color scheme corresponded to 1995 in the states.

ride on!
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Looks like a clean TW to start with, so it should be a fun project.

I have a USA 1993 model. That red plug area on yours is a plugged hole on mine.

1993 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like a very fun project! I like the look of the hollow mods My non-California 1994 model does not have that red plug in the carb???

You've got a friend in the Bracket Business! Hidden Content

Get your TW200 Parts at ProCycle! Hidden Content

is that red pull on the carb a hot start pull?

https://tw200forum.com/forums/50731/ShowPost.aspx

and welcome

The red knob is an air bleed. It allows you to lean your mixture at higher elevations. It works in a manner opposite that of the choke.

The passage for it is not machined on U.S. models cuz the EPA is cool with polluting stuff at or above treeline?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tuhinuhi View Post
    Hey

I purchased a 94 tw200 about 2 weeks ago and since then have been researching about turning it into a jap style street tracker.

Living in Sydney, the Deus shop have sparked me with the motivation try tackle a custom myself. As the shop probably does to most people.

Here are some photos.

Haven't done much as of yet besides research and ordering some parts.

I have an extended swing arm, brooklands fender, fender eliminator, new chain and some grips on the way from japan.

I'm about to purchase a air box removal kit which will reduce the size of the battery. Which means to start the bike I'm going to have to use the kick start, which i have a bit of trouble with at the moment.

It kicks fine when its warm but when cold i cant get it started, do i just require persistence and power?

Here is a photo of my carb, i've looked in the manual but cant find out what the red pull does im sure its associated with the kick start but what is it called and exactly what does it do? (sorry about the poor image quality)

Should be a few weeks before the parts from japan arrive but will update as often as possible.

Thanks a lot

Harry.
    You need a high capacity condenser if you go without a batter. Daytona a Japanese company sells it in Japan called a Battery lesser.

thanks guys, will post my progress

Some parts have arrived.

Still waiting on an air box eliminator kit, Service manual and some bridge stone tw203 and 204.

Once these other packages come i can start the tear down.
    Merlin2408 likes this.

Looking good can't wait to see the end of it all

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links