Naked baby!
Close

Thread: Naked baby!

Mum always said to tell the truth first, ask questions later. Truth is I have been a peeping Tom, no wait even better a secret agent(let's pretend 007 since I am originally his side of the pond and he is very cool) or in English: I have been doing a lot of reading and no typing. Just like a scientist, I have been doing extensive research before I post my findings. Fair enough.

As the title describes I am in the process of doing a naked T-Dub ... I live in Florida and it gets really hot over here OK! Not posting any pictures as of yet since she is embarrassed to admit she is engine-less (having a colonoscopy), less plastics (like I said it is hot here) and without electrics and such (mini vacation for her, relaxing). Plus I do believe everyone knows what a complete gutted T-Dub looks like ... I know you've looked at the pictures so don't even try and deny! I will disclose she was born in 1999, a little over 2,000 miles to her credit and small signs of wear and tear, she IS a T-Dub after-all. Paid in full with title for $1,700. Not cheap not steep but as Goldilocks would say "juussstt right".

So what's the plan Batman? Aesthetically hollow as she can go for street use, without importing any parts yeteasily converted to dirt as required, via a couple of tires. So basically all the usual upgrades/mods(exhaust, handle bars, battery, tires, sprockets, chain, round headlight, blah blah blah) ... oh will not extend swing arm (not really bothered) and she will adorn the colors of army green frame/tank and a full engine matte black ... why ... coz I really wanted a Triumph Scrambler but 1/. could not afford and 2/. I am a few inches short on seat height (I'm a girl and described as a half pint!). So thinking like the A-Team I came up with Plan B!

I am open to suggestions, ideas, advice, free stuff and so forth. I carry out such an undertaking with my partner in-crime, better known as my husband. Fortunately for me he has the mechanics and I have the vision ... which also requires the $$$$. Who said diamonds are a girls best friend ... I'll take my pimped out T-Dub any day, just saying!

Cheers for reading my nonsense and I will be certain to update any progress ... engine receiving some TLC as we speak.

Big shout out to all who have shared their amazing and inspirational designs/concepts and to infinity and beyond. My hat goes off to you!

Welcome to the forum Flash!

I for one would welcome the chance to see a naked T-Dub (sounds much more enticing than a hollow mod). Please keep us informed of your progress and feel free to steal any ideas, mods, etc., that you can glean from this site. Also, ask for help if you get stuck or need some advice (just don't believe everything that you read here!).

Good luck on your new project!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by TW-Brian View Post
    Welcome to the forum Flash!

I for one would welcome the chance to see a naked T-Dub (sounds much more enticing than a hollow mod). Please keep us informed of your progress and feel free to steal any ideas, mods, etc., that you can glean from this site. Also, ask for help if you get stuck or need some advice (just don't believe everything that you read here!).

Good luck on your new project!

Brian

Cheers Brian ... I plan on posting pictures as and when she takes form. Already kinda reached a $ amount this month as I am also doing a mini mod for my other T-Dub but going for a police bike look (training as a volunteer Sheriff, thought it would look cool). She will remain fully clothed for now, just minor improvements :-)

I have come across some great advice from some great minded people, hey we can't all be right, but that's why they call it a brain storm!

Well you should post some pictures of what type of Naked/Hollow bike you want from some already existing bikes on the net. There are soo many other versions. You can get everything you want in the U.S ,maybe have to search hard for some but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingSun View Post
    Well you should post some pictures of what type of Naked/Hollow bike you want from some already existing bikes on the net. There are soo many other versions. You can get everything you want in the U.S ,maybe have to search hard for some but doable.
    Uhmm, thought about that, but again everyone has pretty much covered the "hollow look" or "Japanese mods" and to be honest until special deliver of my chosen artillery arrives just not quite sure where she'll end up ... undoubtedly similar to the most common threads posted here. All I know is K.I.S.S ... keep it simple stupid and be weary of the other. F.U.B.A.R (goggle it). Happy medium I guess ... standard yet unique in it's own right. I'm just excited about the whole darn thing ... even ordered a new dual sport helmet and jacket to go along (black ... goes with everything). That purchase kinda ate into this months quota but a girl gotta have a matching outfit to go along with her new set of wheels!!!

Sponosred Links