Wrappin
Close

Thread: Wrappin

For those of you that have done the vinyl wrap stuff: how much would it take do all the plastic and maybe a set of handguards? I was thinking probably a full (4x5)sheet from camoclad. Or is there another product you would recommend? For those of you with it how does it hold up? My plan right now is to wrap it in black and white moonshine camo and use the translucent clarke tank with a cutout in the vinyl as a fuel gauge.

I used a full 5x4 sheet when I did the "Redneck Edition" and had about a foot left.I did not do the entire tank but did parts of the hand guards and the fuel canistors.

The vinyl will not adhere well to the Clarke tank. The fuel leaches through and bubbles will form between the tank and the vinyl.

I applied vinyl decals to the clarke tank on my 03 and it wasn't long before they bubbled.

As far as how well it holds up I just finished mine and cant comment although it seems pretty tough.
    09 DL650 V-Strom "Function over Form at a Superior Price"
    09 DR650 "Hooliganizer"
    03 TW200 "No Road---No Problem"
    81 Z50 "Just Because"
    98 Honda Valkyrie "Fast as [email protected]&K"
    02 Tw200 " Camouflaged Redneck Edition" Sold to Son-in-Law
    73CT Trail90 "The most fun you can have under 100cc's" Sold. Had an offer I couldn't refuse.

Thanks for the info. I had heard of the tank problem but I thought it might be ok if I perforated the vinyl somehow. Maybe Ill try to find a steel xt350 tank instead or get the clarke tank and leave it unwrapped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I used a 4x5 sheet from camo4u, was enough for tank and everything. Applying it was a real test if my patience though.

They have Hydrographics and it covers everything smoothly and seamlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepndave View Post
    Thanks for the info. I had heard of the tank problem but I thought it might be ok if I perforated the vinyl somehow. Maybe Ill try to find a steel xt350 tank instead or get the clarke tank and leave it unwrapped.
    I had been told about the decals bubbling off if put on a Clarke and wondered "how bad could it bubble"? It's about a 90% failure. I'm going back to the stock tank when I get time. OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

Really like to see a member do their bike with some how-to pictures.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I think Ill just patch up the stock tank then and maybe come up with an aux. tank setup in the future. Ill definitely post pictures when Im done, but any how-to from me would probably be a how-not-to.

Sponosred Links