Ride On
Close

Thread: Ride On

Ride On

I'm going to add Ride On to my tires (tubes...) How much do you use? I was looking at the different types, would the ATV type be better for our rear tire? Would it be suitable for the front? Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

I used the Motorcycle Formula ride on for my front and rear. I've been exceedingly happy with it!

It took about 20 fl Oz to fill both front (I run a 5.10 size 244 up front) and rear tires according to the RideOn "Heavy Duty Application" dosing formula. That means buying 3 of the little 8oz bottles the first go-round .

I guess I've had it in there for about 1000 miles now, my only regret is not putting it in there sooner! The sealing properties are the main reason I invested in RideOn, but after putting it in I have really come to appreciate what an impeccable balancing job it does. Makes for a MUCH smoother ride!

I've posted about how much I love RideOn before: https://tw200forum.com/forum/general-...ight-ride.html
    Last edited by DonBenito; 06-26-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

Yup, me too! Great stuff. I put 9 oz. in the front, 12 in the back, stock tire sizes. The ATV formula is much heavier, use the motorcycle type.
    Rocky
    2018 TW200
    2014 BMW R1200GS LC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ordered 3 of the M/C type, should have it next week. Thanks for the feedback!

I know the question was about Ride On but I had a very positive experience with Slime. You can read about it here: https://tw200forum.com/forum/technica...ower-grip.html
    2007 TW "Muley": Cyclerack rear, 55 tooth rear sprocket, Duro Power Grip & Shinko SR241, Clarke tank, Ricochet bash plate, Mule hitch pin quick seat removal, Trail Tech Vapor w/ Dashboard, hardwired Garmin 60csx & 205w, 12vdc adaptor, independent high beam off/on and signal beeper, modified seat.

2000 Yamaha V-star 650 Custom - [sold]

2009 Yamaha WR250R - "Willie Boy" the slimmer faster brother of my Muley.

2009 Hidden Content . Wow, what fun on the highway!

I've used Slime in the past with great results but I like the fact that Ride On also has balancing properties.

I tried Ride-On in my DR650 tubes when I did the Continental Divide Trail from the Canadian border down to Albuquerque where we ran out of time, then a three day high speed blast across the country back to TN in 100+ degree heat. Ride-On provides flat prevention, wheel balancing, and increased tire life.

I liked the stuff so much that we now stock it in our store. My wife and I have it in at least 6 of our bikes.
    GapRunr

Current bikes TW200 * R1200GS ADV * R80g/s * KLR250 Miami Vice Edition * Hawk GT - For sale!

Sponosred Links