Strung out on my T-Dub
Close

Strung out on my T-Dub

Hello all! I've been lurking for weeks now and finally decided to sign up to post pics of my bike customization. It's a sick addiction because this is only the beginning...I've seen some badass rides here on the forum so I know I'm not done yet.

I bought this '92 off craigslist a couple months ago, mostly to gain riding confidence. I bought my first bike, a KLR 650, two years ago and have never felt comfortable on it. Terrified, almost. Dropped it once and couldn't lift it. The T-Dub is more my size and I freakin' LOVE IT! Fast, no, but a great bike for beginners and wimpy girls.

So here's some before & after pics. Repainted the shell & gas tank, used vinyl spray paint to recolor seat (wonder how long it'll last?), got ATV gel seat pad (recommended here on the forum), installed rear Cyclerack. It's like a whole new bike for under $250.

Next project will be for storage. Want to mount a box on the rack and possibly look into saddlebags or side boxes and install a couple storage tubes.

tw01.jpg
    tw02.jpg

tw03.jpg
    tw04.jpg

Looking good so far!
    Nice bike!
    Welcome to the forum!

Congratulations ... and welcome to the club! I too am modding one of two of my TW bikes. Well I had to get another so I could still ride while I did the work on the other lol. Have fun with the wealth of opportunities there are for you to explore!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Sunshine!

Your bike is looking good, keep us posted on your future mods.

Brian

The electric blue & hot pink had to go. I know it was the early 90s, but what was Yamaha thinking? This is a dirt bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post

used vinyl spray paint to recolor seat (wonder how long it'll last
    install a couple storage tubes.
    Welcome Sunshine,

I used black vinyl spray paint on my seat a couple years ago. Even though most of my seat was already black, it has held up rather well. I'm sure it will wear off at some point, but I can just repaint it again. Plus, I see you are using the Colman seat pad. This will enhance the lifespan of vinyl paint as well. I use a pad too.

Few weeks back I received 3 of the agri storage tubes. I have yet to mount them (trying to find the right place for my needs), but I think they're gonna be handy.

Have fun riding and good luck on your mods.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

That's why I got the seat pad. For 20 bucks it beats replacing the entire seat and it fits perfect (had to break off the plastic tabs and use cord to attach it to the seat).

Sponosred Links