Got a TW non runner to play with.......ideas?
Close

Got a TW non runner to play with.......ideas?

Hello Everyone-

New member here,and I have available to me a fairly complete,non running TW (year unknown at this point). It is missing most of the 'bodywork',but otherwise complete....
    I have been searching for a decent,complete TW to trail ride,when this 'gem' surfaced.....so,I'm interested in either a 're-power',using,say a IT425,465 engine,or, transferring the fork T-clamps,wheels and S-arm onto an IT465/490 or similar.I have built several 'hybrids',and have the shop capabilities for serious metal working. This will be a play bike,nothing more,as I have a KX500,two CR480's,PE175 for more serious riding.
    I'm hoping that another member has done something similar,and will share the details of that project.

Sam in Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Landser View Post
    Hello Everyone-

New member here,and I have available to me a fairly complete,non running TW (year unknown at this point). It is missing most of the 'bodywork',but otherwise complete....
    I have been searching for a decent,complete TW to trail ride,when this 'gem' surfaced.....so,I'm interested in either a 're-power',using,say a IT425,465 engine,or, transferring the fork T-clamps,wheels and S-arm onto an IT465/490 or similar.I have built several 'hybrids',and have the shop capabilities for serious metal working. This will be a play bike,nothing more,as I have a KX500,two CR480's,PE175 for more serious riding.
    I'm hoping that another member has done something similar,and will share the details of that project.

Sam in Indiana
    You may find the more that you look into all the parts and pieces that it's far easier to offset the two-smoker to the left within the TW frame than it is to convert any of the bikes listed to the fat tire setup.

Of course once you get it to go you'll have to find a way to get it to stop. may the force be with you.

MrBracket has built what is possibly the ultimate big wheel conversion. Perhaps he'll share.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Good point....I may be able to employ an additional carrier bearing in conjunction with the stub shaft extension,in order to keep the new mill centered in the TW chassis....dunno yet,as I haven't selected the engine.

Sponosred Links