Shifter pedal replacement?
Close

Shifter pedal replacement?

Can you place a more durable and longer shifter pedal on a TW200 2010? I have bent mine numerous times and am replacing it with an OEM. are there any motocross shifter pedals that would fit?

YZ250 lever is a little longer that makes shifting with boots easier. Emgos are cheap at $12 and I use a msr lever that looks really good.
    Last edited by PalmStateCrawler; 08-10-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Lots of shift levers will fit but they will get just as bent as the stocker will.

A decent skid and some lever tethers pretty much solves the problem permanently.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

A decent skid and some lever tethers pretty much solves the problem permanently.[/QUOTE]
    I am not aware of what "lever teathers " are ??? Do you have a picture ??
    Any pros or cons ??
    Thanks,
    2012 TW200-
    handguards-$34, Wide pegs generic $16., 1" front fork risers $8, Coleman seat cover $16, Stainless front and rear racks $ 27.00
    2007 BMW R1150R
    2009 Rokon Trailbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by paddledoc View Post
    A decent skid and some lever tethers pretty much solves the problem permanently.
    I am not aware of what "lever teathers " are ??? Do you have a picture ??
    Any pros or cons ??
    Thanks,[/QUOTE]

Nowadays you can buy them ready-made. I think they're called "Brake Savers". We always made our own out of cable, but the general idea is that they tether the end of your shifter and brake levers to something solid (like the skidplate). Installed properly with the cable anchored well forward of your lever ends and only enough slack to allow proper shifting and braking, the cable will guide most things such as tree limbs, brush, etc. outward and away from your levers and will also restrain them from ever bending OUTWARD.

A skid with good coverage stops them from bending INWARD, where they can poke holes into stuff they ought not, like your sidecovers. If you wanna get crazy a folding tip on both levers can reduce the possibility a bit further. Kinda depends on the nature of the getoff.

Pro's are as listed above. Con's are that depending on your anchor point you may have to remove one end from your skid for maintenence and oil changes. Not a particularly big deal.

Any other bad rep they may have is usually from guys who are unclear on the concept and install them improperly in which case they will actually TRAP stuff. Think of them as the guy wires on a utility pole. If you hit one with your car your car will more likely climb the guy wire rather than hit the pole directly.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 08-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I went back to stock shifter. I would rather bend my shifter than break the shaft out of the motor. I carry my new folding lever as a spare to get me out if something were to happen that I could no longer use my stock lever by bending it back.

Sponosred Links